- Optional Accessories
- 3D View
- Shipping & Returns
The ball screw lathe design is a reimagined version of our popular 17″ 4400-series lathe. The lathe has a new solid aluminum base, which creates a very rigid assembly, a beefed-up saddle to accommodate the ball screws, a larger 8″ crosslide, 36V closed-loop stepper motors with #23 NEMA frames, motor mounts with high-torque couplings, and C5 bearings in the headstock for smoother spindle operation.
Ball Leadscrew Specifications
- Rolled Ball Screw with BSH Nut
- 10mm Diameter, 2mm Lead
- C7 Accuracy*, P1 Preload
*C7 accuracy has a linear tolerance of 50 micrometers / 300mm or .002″ / 12.0″.
The ball screws are only available in metric.
About the Sherline/MASSO CNC G3 Touch Controller
The MASSO Touch Controller with power supply and spindle drive card lets you input data to the controller via a state-of-the-art touch screen. With MASSO, you can write your CNC programs on your computer (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) and then transfer your program to the controller via a USB flash drive. You no longer have to use a dedicated operating system like Linux or Mach 4 to control your machine.
The Touch Controller includes:
- Industrial cable system from the controller to the machine
- 36-volt power supply
- Touch-controller stand
Do you want to know more about the Sherline/MASSO G3 CNC controller? Here are some resource links for your reference.
The MASSO Accu-Pro Turn Lathe System Package includes:
- 17″ lathe fitted ball screws and an all-new saddle developed for the ball screws
- A Sherline/MASSO G3 Touch Controller
- G-code Spindle Speed Control with threading capability
- An optical encoder
- WiFi is standard with the MASSO G3 Touch Controller
- Two 36-volt, Closed-Loop, High-Torque Stepper motors with a 70 in/min maximum feed rate
- Professional cable wraps and covers for the X- and Z-axis
- MASSO homing sensors on all axes
- USB 4 GB flash drive (With software, machine settings, sample programs, and PDF instructions included.)
- 1-year warranty on all machine components for non-production use. 90-day warranty on CNC and electronic controller-related components
Standard equipment for the Accu-Pro Turn Lathe includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with an electronic speed controller
- 24″ (610mm) steel bed that has 17″ (431mm) between centers
- 8″ crosslide
- Headstock with #1 Morse taper, 3/4 x 16 spindle thread with precision C5 bearings. You can also order the optional nickel-plated 3C spindle with .001″ or less TIR*. (*A TIR of .0005″ or less can be requested for an additional charge.)
- Stepper-motor mounts with high-torque couplings
- Rocker tool post (P/N 3057)
- Oil reservoirs on the X/Z saddle to help keep critical parts lubricated
- Brass leadscrew cover that keeps chips off the front of the Z-axis leadscrew
Optional Accessories for the Accu-Pro Turn Lathe:
Click the Optional Accessories tab above to see which accessories are available for the Accu-Pro Turn Lathe.
Lever Collet Closers
- P/N 1150 Lever Collet Closer
- P/N 1153 Collet Closer Stop Kit
- P/N 3025 3C Lever Collet Closer
- P/N 3024 3C Collet Closer Stop Kit
- P/N 11850 3/8″ Chuck Arbor with 3/8″ Shank
- P/N 2081 WW Collet Adapter for 5/8″ Gang Tooling
- P/N 2085 (2086) WW Collet Tailstock Adapter
- P/N 5931 3/8″ Rear Side Cutoff Multi-Tool Holder
- P/N 5932 3/8″ Front Side Multi-Tool Holder
- P/N 5936 5/8″ Rear Side Cutoff Multi-Tool Holder
- P/N 5937 5/8″ Front Side Multi-Tool Holder
- P/N 40180 Single Position 1/4″ Tool Post
- P/N 3003 1/4″ Two-Position Tool Post
- P/N 3008 Two-Position Tool Post (5/16″-3/8″)
- P/N 3057 Rocker Tool Post (1/4″)
- P/N 7600 3/8″ Insert Holder Tool Post
- P/N 7601 3/8″ x 1/4″ Insert Holder Tool Post
- P/N 7602 3/8″ x 1/8″ Insert Holder Tool Post
- P/N 7603 Two-Position Rocker Tool Post
- P/N 7604 Rear-Mount 3/8″ Tool Holder
- P/N 2250 Quick-Change Tool Post w/Three Holders
- P/N 2282 Quick-Change 3/8″ Square Shank Tool Holder
- P/N 2295 Quick-Change Carbide Insert Tool Holder
- P/N 2266 Carbide Tip RH 55° 3/8″ Boring Bar w/2Flats
- P/N 2268 Carbide Tip RH 80° 3/8″ Boring Bar w/2Flats
- P/N 2273 Carbide Tip LH 55° 3/8″ Boring Bar w/2Flats
- P/N 2274 Carbide Tip LH 80° 3/8″ Boring Bar w/2Flats
Multi-Tool Holder Tool Posts
Standard Tool Posts
*We added a second flat to our standard boring bars so they can be held with the insert face up or face down.
The improper use of machine tools and their accessories can result in serious injury. Before using this tool, thoroughly read the instructions and make sure you understand its proper and safe use.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
Download PDF Assembly and Instruction Guide
Download PDF Sherline/MASSO Controller Spindle Speed Information
Download PDF Accu-Pro Machine Maintenance Instructions
Ball Screw Machine Specifications
|Swing Over Bed||3.50″ (90 mm)|
|Swing Over Carriage||1.75″ (45 mm)|
|Distance Between Centers||17.00″ (430 mm)|
|Hole Through Spindle||.405″ (10 mm)|
|Spindle Nose Thread||3/4″-16 T.P.I.|
|Spindle Nose Taper||#1 Morse|
|Spindle Runout of Morse Taper||.0005″ or less|
|Travel of Crosslide||4.25″ (110 mm)|
|Tailstock Spindle Taper||#0 Morse|
|Protractor Graduations||0° to 45° by 5°|
|Handwheel Graduations||.001″ (.01 mm) (Tailstock only)|
|Length Overall||36.00″ (914 mm)|
|Width Overall||11.25″ (286 mm)|
|Height Overall||8.00″ (203 mm)|
|Shipping Weight||69 lb. (31.4 kg)|
|Motor||90 volt DC with electronic speed control that accepts any incoming current from 100 VAC to 240 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
Click here for motor specifications
|Spindle Speed Range||70-2800 RPM continuously variable by electronic speed control|
|Maximum CNC travel speed, X and Z||70 inches/min|
Ball Leadscrew Specifications
|Rolled Ball Screw with BSH Nut|
|10mm Diameter, 2mm Lead|
|C7 Accuracy*, P1 Preload||*C7 accuracy has a linear tolerance of 50 micrometers / 300mm or .002″ / 12.0″.|
Stepper Motor Specifications
|Sherline/MASSO 36V, Closed-Loop Stepper Motor Specifications and Troubleshooting PDF|
|Frame Size||NEMA #23|
|Input Voltage||36V DC|
|Output Current||4.5A 20 KHz PWM|
|Maximum Torque||2 N.m (Newton meters), 20.39 kg/cm (kilogram centimeter), 283 oz/in (ounce inch), 17.70 in/lb (inch pound)|
Accu-Pro Turn Lathe and Chucker Lathe Videos
Click the link below to download a zipped version of the IGS 3D CAD file. You will need to extract the zip file before viewing the IGS file.
Ball Screw Lathe 3D IGS model
You need an IGS viewer to view .igs files. CLICK HERE to download a FREE IGS viewer.
We do not charge a flat rate for shipping because of the variations in weight for our products. Instead, we charge you what the shipping company charges us. Our website uses a shipping calculator based on the daily rates for USPS and UPS based on the weight and destination of the shipment. You can also have us use your UPS/FedEx account number to charge your shipping. Just enter it in the appropriate box on the checkout page.
Domestic orders are shipped Monday – Friday. Expedited orders must be placed by 9 am PST to ship the same day.
Orders shipping ground have a processing time of 7 working days for domestic orders and 14 working days for international orders. CLICK HERE for more information on our shipping and order policies.
Most merchandise can be returned within 30 days of the purchase date. A refund will be issued to the original form of payment at the original selling price. View our complete return policy and/or start your return online here.