3C Lever Collet Closer
Anyone doing repetitive lathe operations on small parts will find this new accessory saves a lot of time when holding parts in a 3C collet. Instead of loosening and retightening the drawbar each time a part is inserted, with this closer you make that adjustment just one time. After that, the collet is released and retightened simply by pushing a lever back and forth. Moving the lever to the right releases the part from the collet, a new part is inserted, and the lever is moved back to the left to lock the part in the collet.
Long stock up to 1/2″ in diameter can be held through the 3C collets and spindle. Larger parts can be held in one of our 3- or 4-jaw chucks with the use of our chuck adapter (P/N 10670).
With the addition of the 3C Lever Collet Closer, our customers are one step closer to full automation of their 3C collet headstock. We used the same tried and proven design as our 1150 Lever Collet Closer along with the same high-grade materials and hardened steel parts. This is a very well designed accessory and very durable. It will give our customers years of trouble-free, dependable use.
NOTE: The Standard Lever Collet Closer and 3C Lever Collet Closer were designed to be used with our standard pulley set, which has a maximum RPM of 2800. It will work with the 10,000 RPM pulley set; however, the parts are going to wear faster, and any vibration that is in the yoke is going to be increased.
- Easy to install—Remove the end piece from your 3C headstock spindle and replace it with the spindle mount sleeve. Use the 5-40 x 1/8″ set screw to keep the part from threading off during use. Note: Just tighten the set screw until it is snug, DO NOT over-tighten it.
- Using the screws that are supplied, mount the base to the 3C headstock riser block, or to your Sherline Lathe base.
- Installation and operation are covered in the thorough, illustrated instructions that come with this accessory.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The 3C Lever Collet Closer ships with a mounting base, however, you will need to select the proper mounting base for your needs when placing your order.
- P/N 11520C—Standard lathe mounting base (4000 and 4400 models)
- P/N 11521C—Chucker lathe mounting base (6600 models)
See Cary Millsap’s Tip #75 on how to install a removable tach sensor.
NOTE: We have plans to manufacture and offer a bar feed system to our 3C headstock. In the meantime, our 3C headstock already has two 10-32 holes machined into the top of it (see Figure 2) for the addition of a pneumatic cylinder in order to fully automate our 3C lever collet closer.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
|11501||LCC Handle Shaft|
|11502||LCC Handle Knob|
|11503C||3C LCC Hub|
|11504C||3C LCC Guide Ring|
|30118C||3C LCC Drawbar Knob|
|11507C||3C LCC Ball Carrier|
|11508C||3C LCC Knob Adapter Plate|
|11509C||3C LCC Thrust Collar|
|11510C||3C LCC Drawbar Tube|
|11512C||3C LCC Spindle Mount sleeve|
|11514C||3C LCC Cam|
|11516C||3C LCC Cam Cap|
|11518C||3C LCC Cam Shoe|
|11521CL||3C LCC Base (Order for the Chucker Lathe)|
|11520SL||3C LCC Base (Order for the Standard Lathe)|
|11522C||3C LCC Yoke|
|11524C||3C 3/16″ X 1″ Harden Steel Dowel Pin|
|11526C||3C 3/16″ X 3/4″ Harden Steel Dowel Pin|
|11528||5-40 x 3/16″ Cone Point Set Screw|
|11530C||3C 3/16″ Steel Bearing Balls|
|11532C||3C 10-32 x 1/4″ Dog Point Set Screw|
|11534C||3C 10-32 x 3/8″ Half Dog Point Set Screw|
|11535C||3C 10-32 x .513″ Set Screw w/ Spring Loaded Ball|
|11537||5-40 x 1-1/2″ SHC Screw|
|11538||4-40 x 3/16″ SHC Screw|
|30129||5-40 1/8″ 3C Set Screw|
|40340||10-32 x 1″ SHC Screw (for Chucker Lathe Base)|
|40550||5/32″ hex key (not shown)|
|40570||3/32″ hex key (not shown)|
|40690||10-32 x 3/4″ SHC Screw (for Standard Lathe Base)|
|40720||10-32 x 1-1/2″ SHC Screw|
We offer two types of 3D object files: .igs and .stp.
- To view .igs files you need an IGS viewer. CLICK HERE to download a FREE IGS viewer.
- To view .stp files you need an STP viewer. CLICK HERE to use Autodesk’s FREE A360* online file viewer. STP is a file extension for a 3-D graphic file used by CAD software. STP stands for STandard for the Exchange of Product model data. STP files are used to store 3D image data in an ASCII format, following the standards defined in ISO 10303-21: Clear Text Encoding of the Exchange Structure.
- Each 3D file format has been compressed into a .zip file to save file space. Click on the .zip file link below to download it to your computer.
- Extract the .zip file to the drive location of your choice.
- Open the .igs file using the IGS Viewer, or open the .stp file using the A360 Autodesk online viewer.
*NOTE: There are also other free STP viewers that can be downloaded directly to your computer.
CLICK HERE to download the 3D IGS file with Chucker Lathe base
CLICK HERE to download the 3D IGS file with Standard Lathe base
CLICK HERE to download the 3D STP file with Chucker Lathe base
CLICK HERE to download the 3D STP file with Standard Lathe base
We do not charge a flat rate for shipping because of the variations in weight for our products. Instead we charge you what the shipping company charges us. Our website uses a shipping calculator based on the daily rates for USPS and UPS based on the weight and destination of the shipment. You can also have us use your UPS/FedEx account number to charge your shipping to. Just enter it in the appropriate box on the checkout page.
Domestic orders are shipped Monday – Friday. Expedited orders must be placed by 9 am PST to ship the same day.
Orders shipping ground have a processing time of 7 working days for domestic orders and 14 working days for international orders. Click here for more information on our shipping and order policies.
Most merchandise can be returned within 30 day of the purchase date. A refund will be issued to the original form of payment at the original selling price. View our complete return policy and/or start your return online here.