Using the Lever Collet Closer
Anyone doing repetitive lathe operations on small parts will find this new accessory saves a lot of time when holding parts into a WW collet. Instead of loosening and re-tightening the drawbar each time a part is inserted, with this closer you make that adjustment just one time. After that, the collet is released and re-tightened simply by pushing a lever back and forth. Moving the lever to the right releases the part from the collet, a new part is inserted and the lever is moved back to the left to lock the part in the collet. Hardened steel components assure long life.
Long stock up to 3/16″ in diameter can be held through the WW collets and spindle. Larger parts up to 5/16″ or 8 mm can be held in the face of the collet, and collet pot chucks are available for even larger parts up to 1″ diameter.
NOTE: The Lever Collet Closer and 3C Lever Collet Closer were designed to be used with our standard pulley set, which has a maximum RPM of 2800. It will work with the 10,000 RPM pulley set; however, the parts are going to wear faster, and any vibration that is in the yoke is going to be increased.
- Easy to install—just tap one existing 4-40 hole in spindle if not already tapped for threading attachment (self-tapping screw included)
- Wear parts are made from A2 hardened steel, yoke is made from 1018 steel and ball carrier and other parts are made from brass and 12L14 steel
- Long stock up to 3/16″ diameter can be passed all the way through the spindle and collet
- Larger parts can be held with WW collets up to 8 mm (3/8″) or in a custom machined WW pot chuck
- Includes 3/8″ knockout bar plus special #1 Morse to WW collet adapter with pin to engage keyway in collet to prevent rotation
- As usual, installation and operation are covered in the thorough, illustrated instructions that come with it
Troubleshooting Interference between the LCC and the Plastic Belt Guard
You might find possible interference issues between the LCC and the plastic belt guard. If the belt guard interferes with the pin on the LCC yoke make a small cut-out in the guard (see image for reference). This can be done with an X-acto® knife or Dremel® Tool. Please note that if you have a DRO Tac Sensor it will not work with the LCC. Click the “Instructions” tab to download a PDF version of the instructions.
See Cary Millsap’s Tip #75 on how to install a removable tach sensor.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
|11501||LCC Handle Shaft|
|11502||LCC Handle Knob|
|11504||LCC Guide Ring|
|11506||LCC Drawbar Knob|
|11507||LCC Ball Carrier|
|11508||LCC Knob Adapter Plate|
|11509||LCC Thrust Collar|
|11510||LCC Drawbar Tube|
|11512||LCC Spindle Mount sleeve|
|11514||(2) LCC Cam|
|11516||LCC Cam Cap|
|11518||(2) LCC Cam Shoe|
|11524||1/8″x 1″ Steel Dowel Pin|
|11526||(2) 1/8″ x 3/4″ Hardened Steel Dowel Pin|
|11528||(3) 5-40 x 3/16″ Cone Point Set Screw|
|11530||(8) 1/8″ Steel Bearing Balls|
|11532||5-40 x 1/4″ Dog Point Set Screw|
|11534||(4) 5-40 x 3/4″ SHC Screw|
|11535||8-32 Set Screw w/ Spring Loaded Ball|
|11536||4-40 x 1/8″ Dog Point Set Screw|
|11537||(3) 5-40 x 1″ SHCS|
|11538||4-40 x 3/16″ SHCS|
|11565||WW Collet Adapter w/ 8mm Keyway SS|
|11570||WW Collet Knockout Bar|
|WW Collet Adapter w/ Keyway Pin
8mm Collet Adapter w/ Pin, sold separately)
|31090||4-40 self-tapping pan head screw|
|40550||5/32″ hex key|
|40570||3/32″ hex key|
|40690||(2) 10-32 x 3/4″ SHCS|
We offer two types of 3D object files: .igs and .stp.
- To view .igs files you need an IGS viewer. CLICK HERE to download a FREE IGS viewer.
- To view .stp files you need an STP viewer. CLICK HERE to use Autodesk’s FREE A360* online file viewer. STP is a file extension for a 3-D graphic file used by CAD software. STP stands for STandard for the Exchange of Product model data. STP files are used to store 3D image data in an ASCII format, following the standards defined in ISO 10303-21: Clear Text Encoding of the Exchange Structure.
- Each 3D file format has been compressed into a single .rar file to save file space. Click on the .rar file link below to download it to your computer.
- Extract the .rar file to the drive location of your choice.
- If your system cannot decompress RAR files, CLICK HERE to download WinRAR software.
- Open the .igs file using the IGS Viewer, or open the .stp file using the A360 Autodesk online viewer.
*NOTE: There are also other free STP viewers that can be downloaded directly to your computer.
3306 Headstock and Motor Unit (2,800 RPM)
CLICK HERE to download the 3D RAR file.