Accu-Pro VMC Ball Screw Mill with MASSO Touch Controller
4 week lead time
CAUTION: The Accu-Pro mill and Chucker lathe must be mounted to a work surface, or they will tip when the tables are fully extended.
(For more information on the configuration options and accessory packages please see the options tab below)
This machine is based on our 18″ NexGen 5800-series mill. The 18″ mill base with ball screws comes with all new saddles developed for the ball screws. The X/Y-mill saddle has been beefed up to accommodate the larger ball screws, and it has an electroless nickel/Teflon coating. This coating offers a hard surface that is rustproof, while the Teflon provides a friction coefficient of .1-.2u for smoother movement of the saddle and the table. The Accu-Pro Mill also includes 36V closed-loop stepper motors with #23 NEMA frames, motor mounts with high-torque couplings, and C5 bearings in the headstock for smoother spindle operation.
Ball Leadscrew Specifications
- Rolled Ball Screw with BSH Nut
- 10mm Diameter, 2mm Lead
- C7 Accuracy*, P1 Preload
*C7 accuracy has a linear tolerance of 50 micrometers / 300mm or .002″ / 12.0″.
The ball screws are only available in metric.
About the Sherline/MASSO CNC G3 Touch Controller
The MASSO Touch Controller with power supply and spindle drive card allows you to input data to the controller via a state-of-the-art touch screen. With MASSO, you can write your CNC programs on your computer (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) and then transfer your program to the controller via a USB flash drive. No more having to use a dedicated operating system like Linux or Mach 4 to control your machine.
The Touch Controller includes:
- Industrial cable system from the controller to the machine
- 36-volt power supply
- Touch-controller stand
Do you want to know more about the Sherline/MASSO G3 CNC controller? Here are some resource links for your reference.
The 18″ MASSO Accu-Pro VMC Mill System Package includes:
- 18″ mill fitted ball screws and all new saddles developed for the ball screws
- A Sherline/MASSO G3 Touch Controller
- G-code Spindle Speed Control
- An optical encoder
- WiFi is standard with the MASSO G3 Touch Controller
- Three 36-volt, Closed-Loop, High-Torque Stepper motors with a 70 in/min maximum feed rate
- Professional cable wraps and covers for the X- and Y-axis
- IGUS E-Chain flexible cable carrier for the Z-axis
- MASSO homing sensors on all axes
- USB 4 GB flash drive (With software, machine settings, sample programs, and PDF instructions included.)
- 1-year warranty on all machine components for non-production use. 90-day warranty on CNC and electronic controller-related components
Standard equipment for the CNC Mill includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with an electronic speed controller
- 18″ base
- Electroless nickel/Teflon coated mill saddle
- 15″ mill column bed with nickel/Teflon coating
- Headstock with #1 Morse taper, 3/4 x 16 spindle thread with precision C5 bearings
- Headstock spacer block
- 18.0″ (457 mm) x 2.75″ (70 mm) table with two T-slots
- 7″ x 18″ tooling plate with three T-slots
- Stepper-motor mounts with high-torque couplings
- 1/4″ Drill Chuck w/ key, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- Pulleys, drive belt, three hexagonal keys, spindle bars, gib removal tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
- Oil reservoirs on the X/Y axes and the Z-axis to help keep critical parts lubricated
- Accordion way cover and brass-tube leadscrew cover that keeps chips off of the Y-axis leadscrew
The Axes of Movement of a Sherline 18″ Ball Screw Mill.
The table left/right movement is referred to as the X-axis. The table in/out movement is the Y-axis. The headstock up/down movement is referred to as the Z-axis. The headstock can also be rotated on its saddle on Sherline mills (#4), the column ram can be moved in and out (#5), and the Z-axis column can be tilted forward and back (#6).
Available in 3 or 4-axis. If you are not going to use a rotary table now or in the future, select the 3-axis. Select the 4-axis if you are also buying the accessory package with the rotary table. If you are planning on purchasing a rotary table in the future, select the 4-axis software option.
- P/N 3552 Sherline MB Vise Fixture
- P/N 3551 Mill Vise
- P/N 3012 Standard Hold-Down Set
- P/N 3013 Step Block Hold-Down Set
Mill Tool Holders
- P/N Various End Mill Holders
- P/N 2078/2079 Jeweler Burr Holders (3/32″ and 1/8″ shafts)
- P/N 3081 1″ End Mill Holder – Blank
- P/N 3082 2″ End Mill Holder – Blank
- P/N 3083 4″ End Mill Holder – Blank
- P/N 3073 3/8″ Drill Chuck with #1 Morse Arbor
- P/N 7400/7401 3/8″ Double-Ended End Mill Sets
- P/N 3052S Fly Cutter with Straight Shaft
- P/N 7620S Single Flute Insert Fly Cutter with Straight Shaft
- P/N 3700-CNC CNC-Ready Rotary Table
- P/N 3710-CNC CNC-Ready Nickel-Teflon Coated Rotary Table
- P/N 8720 CNC Rotary Table with 36V Stepper Motor
- P/N 8730 CNC Rotary Table with Stepper Motor
- P/N 8731 Nickel-Teflon Coated CNC Rotary Table with Stepper Motor
- P/N 8700 Rotary Table with CNC Indexer
- P/N 8711 Nickel-Teflon Coated CNC-Rotary Table Indexer
The improper use of machine tools and their accessories can result in serious injury. Before using this tool, thoroughly read the instructions and make sure you understand its proper and safe use.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
Download PDF Assembly and Instruction Guide
Download PDF Sherline/MASSO Controller Spindle Speed Information
Download PDF Accu-Pro Machine Maintenance Instructions
Ball Screw Machine Specifications
(table to spindle)
|12.875″ (327 mm)|
(w/ headstock spacer)
|Travel, X-Axis||12.80″ (325.1mm)|
|Travel, Y-Axis||11.00″ (279 mm); 8.9″ (226 mm) with the tooling plate attached|
|Travel, Z-Axis||9.25″ (235 mm)|
|Hole through spindle||.405″ (10 mm)|
|Spindle nose thread||3/4″-16 T.P.I.|
|Spindle nose taper||#1 Morse|
|Spindle runout of Morse taper||.0005″ or less|
|Electronically controlled spindle speed range||70 to 2800 RPM|
|Width Overall*||25.25″ (641.3 mm)|
|Depth Overall*||Base footprint: 26″ (660.4 mm); With fully extended brass leadscrew cover: 33.25″ (844.5 mm)|
|Height Overall (Max.)*||29.375″ (746 mm)|
|Table size||2.75″ x 18.00″ (70 x 457 mm)|
|Hold-down provision||3 T-Slots (with 7″ x 13″ tooling plate)|
|Shipping Weight||82 lb. (37.19 kg)|
|Movements in addition
to X-, Y- and Z-axes
|Headstock rotation (90° left/right), Column pivot (90° Fwd/Bk), Column travel (In/Out) 5.5″ (140 mm)|
|Motor||90 volt DC with electronic speed control that accepts any incoming current from 100VAC to 240 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
Click here for motor specifications
|Spindle Speed Range||70-2800 RPM continuously variable by electronic speed control|
*Overall dimensions include motor and speed control
Ball Leadscrew Specifications
|Rolled Ball Screw with BSH Nut|
|10mm Diameter, 2mm Lead|
|C7 Accuracy*, P1 Preload||*C7 accuracy has a linear tolerance of 50 micrometers / 300mm or .002″ / 12.0″.|
Stepper Motor Specifications
|Sherline/MASSO 36V, Closed-Loop Stepper Motor Specifications and Troubleshooting PDF|
|Frame Size||NEMA #23|
|Input Voltage||36V DC|
|Output Current||4.5A 20 KHz PWM|
|Maximum Torque||2 N.m (Newton meters), 20.39 kg/cm (kilogram centimeter), 283 oz/in (ounce inch), 17.70 in/lb (inch pound)|
Accu-Pro VMC Mill Videos
We do not charge a flat rate for shipping because of the variations in weight for our products. Instead, we charge you what the shipping company charges us. Our website uses a shipping calculator based on the daily rates for USPS and UPS based on the weight and destination of the shipment. You can also have us use your UPS/FedEx account number to charge your shipping. Just enter it in the appropriate box on the checkout page.
Domestic orders are shipped Monday – Friday. Expedited orders must be placed by 9 am PST to ship the same day.
Orders shipping ground have a processing time of 7 working days for domestic orders and 14 working days for international orders. CLICK HERE for more information on our shipping and order policies.
Most merchandise can be returned within 30 days of the purchase date. A refund will be issued to the original form of payment at the original selling price. View our complete return policy and/or start your return online here.