About the Milling Vise
The most convenient way to hold small parts for milling is with the milling vise. Milling vises are different from other machine vises in that they are designed to hold the movable jaw down while clamping, eliminating any chance for the jaw to lift. It is also accurately made. A cheap drill press vise is almost useless on a milling machine because it can’t be accurately aligned to the machine.
A milling vise is the first accessory most mill owners purchase. It will handle a large percentage of the part-holding duties when milling and is easy to use.
The Sherline milling vise is sized just right to be the perfect working companion to the Sherline milling machine. The jaws are 2.00″ (50.8mm) wide by 1.00″ (25.4mm) deep and open a full 2.00″ (50.8mm). The fixed jaw has both a horizontal and vertical “V” groove to facilitate holding round bar stock. The vise includes two clamps for use in attaching it to the milling machine. These clamps are the same as the 4-jaw hold-down set.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
|35020||Moveable Vise Jaw Assembly||1|
|35070||6-32 x 3/8″ Flt Hd Phil Screw||2|
|35100||Vise Body (After 3/93)||1|
|35120||Vise Pulldown Member||1|
|35130||10-32 x 1-5/8″ SHC Screw||1|
|35580||Hold Down Clamp||2|
|40330||10-32 x 5/8″ SHC Screw||4|
We offer two types of 3D object files: .igs and .stp.
- To view .igs files you need an IGS viewer. CLICK HERE to download a FREE IGS viewer.
- To view .stp files you need an STP viewer. CLICK HERE to use Autodesk’s FREE A360* online file viewer. STP is a file extension for a 3-D graphic file used by CAD software. STP stands for STandard for the Exchange of Product model data. STP files are used to store 3D image data in an ASCII format, following the standards defined in ISO 10303-21: Clear Text Encoding of the Exchange Structure.
- Each 3D file format has been compressed into a single .rar file to save file space. Click on the .rar file link below to download it to your computer.
- Extract the .rar file to the drive location of your choice.
- If your system cannot decompress RAR files, CLICK HERE to download WinRAR software.
- Open the .igs file using the IGS Viewer, or open the .stp file using the A360 Autodesk online viewer.
*NOTE: There are also other free STP viewers that can be downloaded directly to your computer.
3551 Milling Vise 3D model
CLICK HERE to download the 3D RAR file.