About the Milling Vise w/ Rotating Base
If you do not already have a vise and are considering purchasing both a vise and a rotating base, they can be purchased together at a price that is less than the two purchased individually.
A milling vise is a versatile way to hold parts securely. It is accurately made so it can be aligned to the mill table. It also has a jaw that pulls down as well as in to keep parts from being pulled up by the milling cutter.
The rotating vise base eliminates clamping and unclamping the vise to produce angles. Once mounted square to the table, the vise can be positioned using the laser engraved protractor scale as a guide for setting the angle. Properly positioned, the rotating base can even be used as a simple rotary table to drill or machine small, radial symmetric patterns.
When mounting the mill vise to the table, this base will allow the vise to be rotated to any angle. The red anodized base is laser engraved with angle measurements in 1° increments all the way around. A witness mark is engraved on the side of the rotating collar that holds the vise. The locking washers can be loosened, which allows the vise to slide forward and back in the fixture for further adjustment. A locking ring underneath pulls the collar down onto the base to lock it securely when the two hold-down screws are tightened. The low profile tooling plate base only raises the height of the vise 1/2″. Four T-nuts and hold-down bolts are included.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
|3570||Rotating Mill Vise Base|
We offer two types of 3D object files: .igs and .stp.
- To view .igs files you need an IGS viewer. CLICK HERE to download a FREE IGS viewer.
- To view .stp files you need an STP viewer. CLICK HERE to use Autodesk’s FREE A360* online file viewer. STP is a file extension for a 3-D graphic file used by CAD software. STP stands for STandard for the Exchange of Product model data. STP files are used to store 3D image data in an ASCII format, following the standards defined in ISO 10303-21: Clear Text Encoding of the Exchange Structure.
- Each 3D file format has been compressed into a single .rar file to save file space. Click on the .rar file link below to download it to your computer.
- Extract the .rar file to the drive location of your choice.
- If your system cannot decompress RAR files, CLICK HERE to download WinRAR software.
- Open the .igs file using the IGS Viewer, or open the .stp file using the A360 Autodesk online viewer.
*NOTE: There are also other free STP viewers that can be downloaded directly to your computer.
3575 Milling Vise with Rotating Base 3D model
CLICK HERE to download the 3D RAR file.