About the CNC-Ready 4″ Rotary Table
Sherline has taken its P/N 3700 manual 4″ rotary table and applied a stepper motor mount with dampened coupling in place of the handwheel. The mount accepts a NEMA #23 frame size stepper motor for CNC control. This allows the table to be used as a 4th axis with CNC systems that have the capability to drive a rotary axis.
This table is also available as P/N 8700, which includes a stepper motor and a self-contained CNC controller for use as a stand-alone CNC indexer.
NOTE: We are stating the following weight limits for our rotary tables for continual use.
- Horizontal orientation—50 lbs.
- Vertical orientation—30 lbs.
- Vertical rotational torque—6 foot/lbs. (meaning it can lift a 6 lb. weight when suspended 12″ away from the center of the rotary table)
The rotary tables can hold more weight when they are not under a continual load. Click on the Video tab above to see examples of different weights and uses for our rotary tables.
NOTE: CNC-ready machines cannot be operated manually until stepper motors are installed.
Sherline’s rotary table offers an accurate, stable platform for rotary laser marking applications. Its compact size makes it a good fit in small enclosures. See this YouTube link for a video of a Sherline CNC-ready rotary table in use in a laser marking application on a round part, illustrating the difference between trying to mark on a round part without rotating it vs. rotating it. The video is from Jimani Inc. Laser Marking Systems who use a high-speed motor to drive the table. A Sherline chuck holds the part. A second YouTube video from Jimani shows a typical round part marking operation from start to finish.
NOTE: Because components of the table are ground as a set during production, the P/N 3700 rotary table cannot be upgraded to the P/N 3700-CNC version later on. A new rotary table with stepper motor worm housing must be purchased.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
CNC Rotary Table in Action
|37100||Rotary table base|
|37110||Rotary table top|
|37121||CNC rotary table worm housing (Not sold separately)|
|37131||CNC rotary table worm shaft (Not sold separately)|
|37122||CNC rotary table worm housing assembly|
|37123||CNC rotary table coupling|
|37124||CNC rotary table coupling adapter|
|37200||10-32 x 3/8″ button head screw|
|37220||6-32 x 1/4″ button head screw|
|40050||1-5/8″ handwheel assembly|
|40330||10-32 x 5/8″ SHCS|
|40510||10-32 x 3/8″ SHCS|
|40520||10-32 x 3/16″ cup point set screw|
|40530||5-40 x 3/8″ SHCS|
|40540||5/16-18 x 3/4″ cone point set screw|
|40660||3/16″ I.D. washer|
|40670||10-32 x 1/2″ SHCS|
|67100||8-32 x 3/8″ SHCS|
|87510||CNC rotary table stepper motor mount|
We offer two types of 3D object files: .igs and .stp.
- To view .igs files you need an IGS viewer. CLICK HERE to download a FREE IGS viewer.
- To view .stp files you need a STP viewer. CLICK HERE to use Autodesk’s FREE A360* online file viewer. STP is a file extension for a 3-D graphic file used by CAD software. STP stands for STandard for the Exchange of Product model data. STP files are used to store 3D image data in an ASCII format, following the standards defined in ISO 10303-21: Clear Text Encoding of the Exchange Structure.
- Each 3D file format has been compressed into a .zip file to save file space. Click on the .zip file link below to download it to your computer.
- Extract the .zip file to the drive location of your choice.
- Open the .igs file using the IGS Viewer, or open the .stp file using the A360 Autodesk online viewer.
*NOTE: There are also other free STP viewers that can be downloaded directly to your computer.