Our Sherline MB vise fixture is designed to locate on the T-slots in our mill table and our tooling plates. By using the T-slots to locate the fixed and movable jaw, your mill table or tooling plate becomes the base for the vise fixture. This allows the entire table length of your mill to be used. You can now hold and machine parts that are much larger and have various different shapes and sizes.
Holding Stock in the Vise Fixture
Our vise fixture allows you to hold virtually any stock or part shape by offering two different sets of top jaws.
- Holding square and rectangular stock
You can use the standard top jaws with either the Talon Grip Vise Jaw Inserts (P/N 35526) made by Mitee-Bite or the Reversible Jaw Inserts (smooth/serrated, P/N 35524) made by Saunders.
- Holding round material and differently shaped stock
The MB Versagrip Top Jaws (P/N 35535), used with the same fixed and movable base plates. These top jaws use the MB Versagrip Vise Jaw Inserts (P/N 35529) made by Mitee-Bite. You can place these jaw inserts into any insert pockets in the MB Versagrip top jaws (P/N 35535) to accommodate round material and differently shaped parts. These jaw inserts are 3/4″ round and can be rotated to match the part shape you wish to hold.
- Fixed base plate
- Movable base plate
- Adjustable stop
- 3 Hex keys (7/32″, 5/32″, and 3/32″)
- Mounting screws and T-nuts
Select Your Insert Options*
- P/N 35524–Reversible Jaw Inserts: These inserts have a serrated side and a smooth side. The serrated side is used for raw stock, just as P/N 35526 noted above. The smooth side is used to hold parts by their finished surface, leaving virtually no marks. The inserts can easily be turned from the serrated side to the smooth side in the top jaw (comes as 1 insert w/4 screws).
- P/N 35526–Talon Grip Vise Jaw Inserts: These inserts are serrated on both sides and designed to hold raw stock**. The serrated edge is part of the insert’s gripping design and strength (comes as 2 inserts w/2 screws).
- P/N 35535 & 35529–MB Versagrip Vise Jaws & Inserts: These inserts also have two serrated sides, which hold onto raw material. These will also bite into the part surface (comes as 4 inserts w/4 screws). They are only compatible with the Versagrip top jaws.
- P/N 35528–MB Hard Stop: The hard stop is designed to fit in the same insert slot on the fixed jaw, and it is used in conjunction with the Talon Grip Jaw Inserts (P/N 35526).
*NOTE: You can order the jaw insert options separately, but you must have the Standard Fixture Base Plates to hold the jaws.
**NOTE: You can use the serrated side of these inserts to hold finished parts without damaging the part surface if you use light clamping pressure and only if you are taking very light cuts or engraving.