The 4th Axis for your Sherline CNC Mill
Sherline’s CNC driver box comes equipped with an A-axis output cable ready to drive a 4th rotary axis. The 8730 rotary table is all you need to turn your Sherline CNC mill into a 4-axis machine. Just plug the A-axis cable from the external 8760 driver box or the built-in driver box in your Sherline computer into the matching plug on the stepper motor. The EMC2 software is already set up to handle G-code for the A-axis, and numbers entered after the letter “A” in your code are interpreted in degrees.
The same end result can be obtained by ordering a 3700-CNC rotary table and a 67127 stepper motor and attaching the motor, but this single part number does the same thing, making it easier to order and saving you the trouble of installing the motor on the rotary table.
NOTE: We are stating the following weight limits for our rotary tables for continual use. Click on the Video tab above to see examples of different weights and uses for our rotary tables.
- Horizontal orientation—50 lbs.
- Vertical orientation—30 lbs.
- Vertical rotational torque—6 foot/lbs. (meaning it can lift a 6 lb. weight when suspended 12″ away from the center of the rotary table)
The rotary tables can hold more weight when they are not under a continual load.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
CNC Rotary Table in Action
|3700-CNC||Rotary Table-CNC Ready Assembly|
|67127||Stepper Motor Assembly w/Flat & Plug Assembly|
We offer two types of 3D object files: .igs and .stp.
- To view .igs files you need an IGS viewer. CLICK HERE to download a FREE IGS viewer.
- To view .stp files you need a STP viewer. CLICK HERE to use Autodesk’s FREE A360* online file viewer. STP is a file extension for a 3-D graphic file used by CAD software. STP stands for STandard for the Exchange of Product model data. STP files are used to store 3D image data in an ASCII format, following the standards defined in ISO 10303-21: Clear Text Encoding of the Exchange Structure.
- Each 3D file format has been compressed into a .zip file to save file space. Click on the .zip file link below to download it to your computer.
- Extract the .zip file to the drive location of your choice.
- Open the .igs file using the IGS Viewer, or open the .stp file using the A360 Autodesk online viewer.
*NOTE: There are also other free STP viewers that can be downloaded directly to your computer.