About the CNC Rotary Table with 15/32″ Through Hole
This is a modification of our CNC 4″ Rotary Table with an Indexing Controller. This modification came about after requests from our laser engraving customers. They wanted a rotary table that had a larger through hole to which you could mount our chucks.
This version of the Sherline rotary table has a Nickel-Teflon plating on it because it was designed to be used in an every-day production environment. This gives the table a rust resistant surface that is hard and has added lubrication qualities.
The table is 2″ high and 4″ (100mm) in diameter. The main components have been machined from solid bar stock steel, and the complete unit weighs seven pounds. The table has been engraved with a laser, giving sharp and precise lines every 5°, numbered every 15°. These lines are calibrated with the 72-tooth worm gear that is driven by the handwheel or stepper motor. The handwheel is divided into 50 parts, making each line on the handwheel 1/10°. This allows a circle to be divided into 3600 increments without interpolation. Seventy-two revolutions of the handwheel rotate the table one revolution.
- The through hole on this rotary table is 15/32″ (.469″)
- The chuck adapter has a 3/4-16 thread for the chuck and a 5/8-24 thread for the rotary table
- There is a .6485″ c’bore at the entrance of the 5/8-24 thread which is used to locate the adapter concentric to the rotary table (See Figure 1 below)
NOTE: In order to use this rotary table with our Tilting Angle Table (P/N 3750) you will need to drill out the 10-32 center hole to 1/2″ diameter. This will allow the maximum diameter of stock to feed through the rotary table (See Figure 2 below).
Click on images for a larger view.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
Video examples of different weights and uses for our rotary tables.
Laser Engraving with Sherline “Pin Jaws”
Rotary Indexer Specifications
|Table Size||4″ diameter by 2″ height|
|Part mounting Provisions||Center thread including chuck adapter and 4 T-slots|
|Rotation Speed||1°/ sec to 50°/sec maximum (programmable in 1″ increment)|
|Resolution||28,800 steps per revolution (±.006° per step)|
|Stepper Motor||120 oz-in, 2 Amp, NEMA 23 Frame size, 400 steps per revolution|
|Power Supply Transformer||Input: 120 VAC 60 Hz 38 W; Output: 24V, 1000 mA|
|10930||(2) 3/8” Bearing|
|30560||(4) 10-32 T-nut|
|35580||(2) Hold-down clamp|
|37097||Rotary table 3/8-16 to 5/8-24 chuck adapter with through hole|
|37100||Rotary table base|
|371102||Nickel-plated rotary table top|
|37121||CNC rotary table worm housing (Not sold sep.)|
|37131||CNC rotary table worm shaft (Not sold sep.)|
|37122||CNC rotary table worm housing assembly|
|37123||CNC rotary table coupling|
|37124||CNC rotary table coupling adapter|
|37200||(2) 10-32 x 3/8” button head socket hd. screw|
|37220||6-32 x 1/4” button head socket hd. Screw|
|40050||1-5/8” handwheel assembly|
|40330||(2) 10-32 x 5/8” SHCS|
|40510||(4) 10-32 x 3/8” Socket head cap screw (SHCS)|
|40520||(7) 10-32 x 3/16” cup point set screw|
|40530||(4) 5-40 x 3/8” SHCS|
|40540||5/16-18 x 3/4” cone point set screw|
|40660||3/16” I.D. washer|
|40670||(2) 10-32 x 1/2” SHCS|
|67100||(4) 8-32 x 3/8” SHCS|
|67130||2 Amp, 100-oz., 23 frame size stepper motor|
|87041||120 VAC power supply (24 VDC, 1 amp output)|
|87100||Control unit with keypad/electronics|
|87250||Motor-to-keypad 6’ extension cable|
|87350||Remote (limit) switch/daisy-chain 1/2 cable|
|87510||CNC rotary table stepper motor mount|
We offer two types of 3D object files: .igs and .stp.
- To view .igs files you need an IGS viewer. CLICK HERE to download a FREE IGS viewer.
- To view .stp files you need a STP viewer. CLICK HERE to use Autodesk’s FREE A360* online file viewer. STP is a file extension for a 3-D graphic file used by CAD software. STP stands for STandard for the Exchange of Product model data. STP files are used to store 3D image data in an ASCII format, following the standards defined in ISO 10303-21: Clear Text Encoding of the Exchange Structure.
- Each 3D file format has been compressed into a .zip file to save file space. Click on the .zip file link below to download it to your computer.
- Extract the .zip file to the drive location of your choice.
- Open the .igs file using the IGS Viewer, or open the .stp file using the A360 Autodesk online viewer.
*NOTE: There are also other free STP viewers that can be downloaded directly to your computer.