Shortly after Sherline purchased a new engraving laser from Jimani we decided to manufacture our own laser engraving tooling plate. Jimani was already using our rotary table, and since we make our own X/Y tables we believed that we could build a custom X/Y table with a tooling plate that would enhance the operation of the laser while adding ease and versatility to set-ups.
The tooling plate is 8″ x 18″ x ¾” black anodized 6061 aluminum.
This tooling plate was designed to mount on our 18″ Industrial X/Y Slide. The slide has 5″ of Y-axis travel and 13.6″ of X-axis travel. Handwheels are calibrated in .001″ increments for the inch slide and in .01mm increments for metric.
We at Sherline Products believe that our 8″ x 18″ laser engraving tooling plate will be a great addition to any engraving laser. Custom tooling plate hole patterns can be quoted upon request.
About the XY Slide w/18″ Table
The 2-axis XY machine slide has an 18″ table with plain handwheels.
Travel: X=13.38″ (340 mm), Y=4″ (102 mm)
For more details CLICK HERE.
Some of the Features of the Tooling Plate
- (115 Green) Dual purpose ¼” holes, on 1″ centers. These holes are threaded ¼-20 on the bottom and reamed to ¼” on the top. This allows each hole to be used as a “part locating” hole when you insert a ¼” dowel pin. Each hole can also be used as a clamping hole using the ¼-20 thread.
- In addition to the ¼-20 holes, the plate also has (16 Red) 10-32 holes which are positioned to mount our Sherline rotary table and tilting angle table.
- There are (5 Black) ¼” through holes for locating the tooling plate square to the table.
- There is one (Purple) 5/16″ oiler access hole so you can fill the mill saddle oiler without removing the tooling plate.
- There are (10 Blue) T-nut mounting holes to assemble the plate to our mill table.
See diagram below for hole location and description.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
|3560-LAZ||CLICK HERE to view replacement parts||8″ x 18″ Laser Table with threaded 1/4-20 holes and alignment pins Assembly|
|6540-LAZ||CLICK HERE to view replacement parts||2-axis manual XY machine slide w/18″ table Assembly|
Maintaining your laser engraving XY base
Replacing anti-backlash nuts on the 6540-LAZ Laser engraving plate and 18″ XY base. The video also includes care and maintenance of the slide and leadscrews.
We do not charge a flat rate for shipping because of the variations in weight for our products. Instead we charge you what the shipping company charges us. Our website uses a shipping calculator based on the daily rates for USPS and UPS based on the weight and destination of the shipment. You can also have us use your UPS/FedEx account number to charge your shipping to. Just enter it in the appropriate box on the checkout page.
Domestic orders are shipped Monday – Friday. Expedited orders must be placed by 11 am PST to ship the same day.
Orders shipping ground have a processing time of 2-3 working days for domestic orders and 4-5 working days for international orders. Click here for more information on our shipping and order policies.
Most merchandise can be returned within 30 day of the purchase date. A refund will be issued to the original form of payment at the original selling price. View our complete return policy and/or start your return online here.