Laser Engraving Plate & XY Slide w/18″ Table
Shortly after Sherline purchased a new engraving laser from Jimani we decided to manufacture our own laser engraving tooling plate. Jimani was already using our rotary table, and since we make our own X/Y tables we believed that we could build a custom X/Y table with a tooling plate that would enhance the operation of the laser while adding ease and versatility to set-ups.
The tooling plate is 8″ x 18″ x ¾” black anodized 6061 aluminum.
This tooling plate was designed to mount on our 18″ Industrial X/Y Slide. The slide has 5″ of Y-axis travel and 13.6″ of X-axis travel. Handwheels are calibrated in .001″ increments for the inch slide and in .01mm increments for metric.
We at Sherline Products believe that our 8″ x 18″ laser engraving tooling plate will be a great addition to any engraving laser. Custom tooling plate hole patterns can be quoted upon request.
About the XY Slide w/18″ Table
The 2-axis XY machine slide has an 18″ table with plain handwheels.
Travel: X=13.38″ (340 mm), Y=4″ (102 mm)
For more details CLICK HERE.
Some of the Features of the Tooling Plate
- (115 Green) Dual purpose ¼” holes, on 1″ centers. These holes are threaded ¼-20 on the bottom and reamed to ¼” on the top. This allows each hole to be used as a “part locating” hole when you insert a ¼” dowel pin. Each hole can also be used as a clamping hole using the ¼-20 thread.
- In addition to the ¼-20 holes, the plate also has (16 Red) 10-32 holes which are positioned to mount our Sherline rotary table and tilting angle table.
- There are (5 Black) ¼” through holes for locating the tooling plate square to the table.
- There is one (Purple) 5/16″ oiler access hole so you can fill the mill saddle oiler without removing the tooling plate.
- There are (10 Blue) T-nut mounting holes to assemble the plate to our mill table.
See diagram below for hole location and description.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
|3560-LAZ||CLICK HERE to view replacement parts||8″ x 18″ Laser Table with threaded 1/4-20 holes and alignment pins Assembly|
|6540-LAZ||CLICK HERE to view replacement parts||2-axis manual XY machine slide w/18″ table Assembly|
Maintaining your laser engraving XY base
Replacing anti-backlash nuts on the 6540-LAZ Laser engraving plate and 18″ XY base. The video also includes care and maintenance of the slide and leadscrews.
We do not charge a flat rate for shipping because of the variations in weight for our products. Instead we charge you what the shipping company charges us. Our website uses a shipping calculator based on the daily rates for USPS and UPS based on the weight and destination of the shipment. You can also have us use your UPS/FedEx account number to charge your shipping to. Just enter it in the appropriate box on the checkout page.
Domestic orders are shipped Monday – Friday. Expedited orders must be placed by 9 am PST to ship the same day.
Orders shipping ground have a processing time of 7 working days for domestic orders and 14 working days for international orders. Click here for more information on our shipping and order policies.
Most merchandise can be returned within 30 day of the purchase date. A refund will be issued to the original form of payment at the original selling price. View our complete return policy and/or start your return online here.