The 4500-series tabletop lathe is our standard Model 4000-series lathe upgraded to include two zero adjustable handwheels on the crosslide and leadscrew. (standard handwheel on tailstock.). Zero adjustable handwheels allow the user to reset the handwheel to a zero reading at any time without moving the leadscrew. This makes dialing in the next dimension easier, as you are starting from zero each time. It also helps eliminate math errors. This is a feature normally found on expensive full-size machines, but not often available on a machine of this size and price.
This tabletop lathe can turn a part up to 3.5″ in diameter over the bed or up to 1.88″ over the carriage without riser blocks. With an optional riser block, parts up to 6″ in diameter can be turned over the bed. The lathe has 8″ of space between centers. The electronic speed control allows continuously variable speed control from 70 to 2,800 RPM without belt changes. There is a second pulley position available that offers extra torque at low RPM if needed.
Our tabletop lathe is perfect for the customer looking for a mini lathe to make small, precision parts. All our lathes are made in the USA, and our customer service is second to none. Although our machines are small, they can produce high-quality precision parts. Our 8″ tabletop lathe will not only cut wood and plastic but is also rigid and accurate enough to cut aluminum and steel parts. This mini lathe is a desktop-size machine with full-size machine precision and accuracy.
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller*
- 2.75″ (70mm) x 6.0″ (152mm) crosslide
- 15″ (381mm) steel bed to allow 8″ (203mm) between centers
- 2.5″ (63mm) resettable, zero adjustable handwheel on the leadscrew, a 2″ (51mm) resettable, zero adjustable handwheel on the crosslide feed screw, and a standard 1-5/8″ (41mm) handwheel on the tailstock. Each handwheel has laser-engraved aluminum handwheel collars
- Pulleys, drive belt, faceplate, lathe dog, two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post, sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
* Not included with lathe without motor and speed control
Other ordering options:
Similar to the XYZ bases for our mills, you can now order the lathe without the headstock, motor, or speed control. Please see the selections in the drop-down menu above.