2.5″ 3-Jaw Chucks – Various Thread
Includes 2 tommy bars, not pictured
Three-jaw chucks are designed so that all three jaws move together and automatically center round or hexagonal parts or stock to within a few thousandths of an inch. These chucks provide the quickest and easiest way of holding work in the lathe. For this reason, they are the most popular of the Sherline accessories. The Sherline 3-jaw chucks are designed so that they can be used to clamp externally on bar stock or internally on tube stock. The jaws are reversible to accommodate larger stock.
Chucks for Sherline and Other Lathes
The chuck is available in several spindle threads for use on Sherline (3/4-16) and other machines such as old Unimat lathes (12mm x 1mm and 14mm x 1mm) or Sears 6″ lathes (1/2-20).
*Please note that chucks with a thread size other than 3/4″ x 16 are made to order and have a lead time of 5-7 business days.
- For those who have jobs where speed and ease of use are more important than maximum accuracy and want a chuck that is loose right from the start (No extra charge).
Add the note “loose jaws” to the comments box above
- Soft (not hardened or machined) steel jaws are also available when you build your own chuck.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
We offer two types of 3D object files: .igs and .stp.
- To view .igs files, you need an IGS viewer. CLICK HERE to download a FREE IGS viewer.
- To view .stp files, you need an STP viewer. CLICK HERE to use Autodesk’s FREE A360* online file viewer. STP is a file extension for a 3-D graphic file used by CAD software. STP stands for STandard for the Exchange of Product model data. STP files are used to store 3D image data in an ASCII format, following the standards defined in ISO 10303-21: Clear Text Encoding of the Exchange Structure.
- Each 3D file format has been compressed into a single .rar file to save file space. Click on the .rar file link below to download it to your computer.
- Extract the .rar file to the drive location of your choice.
- If your system cannot decompress RAR files, CLICK HERE to download WinRAR software.
- Open the .igs file using the IGS Viewer, or open the .stp file using the A360 Autodesk online viewer.
*NOTE: There are also other free STP viewers that can be downloaded directly to your computer.
1041 2.5″ 3-Jaw Chuck
CLICK HERE to download the 3D RAR file.
|2.5″ 3 Jaw Chuck Body 3/4-16 Thread *Not sold separately
2.5″ 3 Jaw Chuck Body 12mm x 1mm Thread *Not sold separately
2.5″ 3 Jaw Chuck Body 1/2-20 Thread *Not sold separately
2.5″ 3 Jaw Chuck Body 14mm x 1mm Thread *Not sold separately
|10412||2.5″ Chuck Scroll *Not sold separately||1|
|10413||Chuck Retainer Ring||1|
|10414||3 Jaw Chuck Jaw*||3|
*Because chuck jaws are factory ground to precisely match each chuck body you must send your chuck back to us to be fitted with new jaws. Please contact us for instructions on how to return your chuck.
We do not charge a flat rate for shipping because of the variations in weight for our products. Instead we charge you what the shipping company charges us. Our website uses a shipping calculator based on the daily rates for USPS and UPS based on the weight and destination of the shipment. You can also have us use your UPS/FedEx account number to charge your shipping to. Just enter it in the appropriate box on the checkout page.
Domestic orders are shipped Monday – Friday. Expedited orders must be placed by 9 am PST to ship the same day.
Orders shipping ground have a processing time of 7 working days for domestic orders and 14 working days for international orders. Click here for more information on our shipping and order policies.
Most merchandise can be returned within 30 day of the purchase date. A refund will be issued to the original form of payment at the original selling price. View our complete return policy and/or start your return online here.