12″ CNC-Ready XYZ Base w/ Ball Screws
2-3 week lead time
Purpose of the Sherline Mill XYZ Bases
The Sherline ball screw mills can be purchased without the headstock and motor/speed control. This allows owners of other Sherline machines to swap the headstock and motor/speed control from one machine to the ball screw mill in approximately 60 seconds. This package offers savings compared to the price of our full ball screw mills.
This 12″ XYZ base is the same base used in our 5400-series mill but has been modified for use with ball screws. It has a 12″ base with stepper motor mounts installed on the X-, Y- and Z-axes ready for the installation of stepper motors, and laser engraved table and base. (Stepper motors not included, see the STEPPER MOTOR page.)
*NOTE: CNC-ready machines cannot be operated manually until stepper motors are installed.
Standard equipment for the XYZ base:
- 12″ Mill Base
- Electroless nickel/Teflon coated mill saddle
- 11″ Column Bed. Option to upgrade to 15″ Extended Column with nickel/Teflon plating
- 13″ Mill Table
- Stepper-motor mounts with high-torque couplings
- The handwheels are included and can be mounted to the end of the stepper motors to maintain manual control when needed.* 2-1/2″ (63mm) adjustable “zero” handwheel on the Z-axis and 2″ (51mm) adjustable “zero” handwheels on the X- and Y-axes. Each handwheel has laser engraved aluminum handwheel collars
- Oil reservoirs on the X/Y axes and the Z-axis to help keep critical parts lubricated.
- Brass leadscrew cover that keeps chips off the rear of the Y-axis leadscrew
- Accordion way cover
- Travel: X=8.65″ (220 mm), Y= 5.0″ (127 mm), 4.85″ (123.19 mm)
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
|Travel, “X” Axis||7.8” (198.1mm)|
|Travel, “Y” Axis||5.00″ (127mm)|
|Travel, “Z” Axis||Standard 11″ bed: 4.85″ (123 mm); Optional 15″ bed 8.85″ (225 mm)|
|Width Overall||15.375″ (340 mm)|
|Depth Overall||Base footprint: 14.375″ (365 mm); With fully extended brass leadscrew cover: 17.25 (438 mm)|
|Height Overall (Max.)||Standard 11″ bed: 17.625″ (448 mm); Optional 15″ bed: 21.625″ (549 mm)|
|Table size||2.75″ x 13.00″ (70 x 330 mm)|
|Hold-down provision||2 T-Slots|
|Movements in addition
to X-, Y- and Z-axes
|Headstock rotation (90° left/right)|
|Shipping Weight||50 lb. (22.73 kg)|
We do not charge a flat rate for shipping because of the variations in weight for our products. Instead we charge you what the shipping company charges us. Our website uses a shipping calculator based on the daily rates for USPS and UPS based on the weight and destination of the shipment. You can also have us use your UPS/FedEx account number to charge your shipping to. Just enter it in the appropriate box on the checkout page.
Domestic orders are shipped Monday – Friday. Expedited orders must be placed by 9 am PST to ship the same day.
Orders shipping ground have a processing time of 7 working days for domestic orders and 14 working days for international orders. Click here for more information on our shipping and order policies.
Most merchandise can be returned within 30 day of the purchase date. A refund will be issued to the original form of payment at the original selling price. View our complete return policy and/or start your return online here.