Our CNC-ready tabletop mill is perfect for the customer looking for a mini CNC milling machine to make small, precision parts. All our milling machines are made in the USA, and our customer service is second to none. Although our machines are small, they can produce high-quality precision parts. Our CNC mill will not only cut wood and plastic but is also rigid and accurate enough to cut aluminum and steel parts. This mill is a desktop-size machine with full-size machine precision and accuracy.
Sherline CNC-ready mills have factory-installed stepper motor mounts in place of the handwheels and are ready to apply stepper motors and computer numeric controls (CNC). CNC-Ready milling machines are not turn-key machines and cannot be used until stepper motors have been installed. All milling machines that are described as “CNC-ready” have stepper motor mounts but do NOT include stepper motors, computer, or CNC software.
Sherline recommends using dual-shaft stepper motors so that handwheels can be applied to the rear shaft for manual control. With that in mind, handwheels for each axis are included with the machine, although you can’t use them until you install stepper motors. Sherline offers high-quality stepper motors and CNC options.
You can also find several aftermarket suppliers for motors, drivers, and software to complete the CNC system. You supply the 486 or better computer. See our CNC Dealers page for a list of suppliers and links to their home pages.
Notes on ordering a metric mill
Most of our cutting tools, like center drills, are manufactured in a fractional size. If you have a metric machine with metric holders, like collets or end mill holders, you will need to order fractional holders to accommodate our cutting tools.
Standard equipment for the CNC-Ready 12″ Deluxe Tabletop Mill includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- 12″ base
- The handwheels are included and can be mounted to the end of the stepper motors to maintain manual control when needed.* 2-1/2″ (63mm) adjustable “zero” handwheel on the Z-axis and 2″ (51mm) adjustable “zero” handwheels on the X- and Y-axes. Each handwheel has laser-engraved aluminum handwheel collars
*NOTE: CNC-ready machines cannot be operated manually unless double-shaft stepper motors are installed.
- 2.75″ (70 mm) x 13.0″ (330 mm) table with two T-slots
- Pulleys, drive belt, three hexagonal keys, spindle bars, gib removal tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
- Headstock spacer block
- ¼” Drill Chuck w/ key, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- Oil reservoirs on the X/Y axes and the Z axis help keep critical parts lubricated. These were initially developed for CNC machines that run constantly for hours on end but can benefit manual machines as well
- Brass leadscrew cover that keeps chips off the rear of the Y-axis leadscrew