8 week lead time
Please note that our ball screws only come in a metric pitch
Use the selections in the drop-down menus below to configure your machine.
(For more information on the configuration options and accessory packages please see the options tab below)
NOTE: CNC-ready machines cannot be operated manually until stepper motors are installed.
We designed our CNC chucker lathe for our industrial customers who want the convenience of using multiple tools in a single set-up. The lathe has a 13″ crosslide that accommodates the 3/8″ gang-tooling tool post and two, optional tool posts that can be used for boring and parting tools (tools not included).
NOTE: Machines equipped with ball screws will not include laser engraved scales on the mill table or the mill base.
Standard Features Include
- Ball Leadscrew*: Rolled Ball Screw with BSH Nut .10mm Diameter, 2mm Lead. C7 Accuracy, P1 Preload. The linear accuracy is 50 micrometers/300mm
- 3/8″ Gang-tooling tool post that holds up to four tools
- 14″ Base (Optional upgrade to 18″ available)
- 13″ Mill table (Optional upgrade to 18″ available)
- Mill Saddle: Has electroless nickel coating with Teflon. This coating offers a hard surface that is rustproof. The Teflon provides a friction coefficient of .1-.2u for smoother movement of the saddle and the table.
- 3C Collet headstock: TIR (total indicator runout) is rated at 0.001″ (.0005” or less upon request for an additional $60.00 charge) on the 3C headstock. Also, the 3C spindle is electroless nickel plated to aid in rust prevention and to increase the surface hardness of the spindle for durability.
- Powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- Accordion way cover and brass-tube leadscrew cover
- The maximum feed rate is 32 in/min.
- The largest diameter through the collet is ½” (13mm). NOTE: collets are not available through Sherline Products. We recommend buying them from Hardinge.
- 1-year warranty on all components for non-production use. 90-day warranty on CNC and computer-related components.
*NOTE: See the Specifications tab located above for the Ball Leadscrew and High-Torque Stepper Motor specs.
Chucker Lathe Accessories
- P/N 5935 5/8″ Gang-Tooling Tool Post
- P/N 5931 3/8″ Rear Side Cutoff Multi-Tool Holder
- P/N 5932 3/8″ Front Side Multi-Tool Holder
- P/N 5936 5/8″ Rear Side Cutoff Multi-Tool Holder
- P/N 5937 5/8″ Front Side Multi-Tool Holder
- P/N 2266 Carbide Tip RH 55° 3/8″ Boring Bar w/2Flats
- P/N 2268 Carbide Tip RH 80° 3/8″ Boring Bar w/2Flats
- P/N 2273 Carbide Tip LH 55° 3/8″ Boring Bar w/2Flats
- P/N 2274 Carbide Tip LH 80° 3/8″ Boring Bar w/2Flats
*We added a second flat to our standard boring bars so they can be held with the insert face up or face down.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
Ball Screw Machine Specifications
|Swing Over Base||4.950″ (125.7 mm)|
|Swing Over Table||1.875″ (47.6 mm)|
|Hole Through Spindle||.5″ (12.7 mm)|
|Spindle Nose 3C Taper||24 degrees|
|Spindle Runout of 3C Taper||.001″ or less (.0005” or less upon request for an additional charge)|
|Travel of X-axis||7.8″ (198.1mm)|
|Travel of Z-axis||5.8″ (147 mm) (from end of base to front of spindle nose); 6.5″ (165mm) total travel.|
|Handwheel Graduations||.02 mm|
|Dimensions||(Measurement given are for CNC-ready machines only)|
|Length Overall||22.625″ (574.7 mm) (add 4.625″ for a Sherline high-torque stepper motor)|
|Width Overall||15.375″ (340 mm) (add 4.625″ for a Sherline high-torque stepper motor)|
|Height Overall||8.875″ (225.4 mm)|
|Shipping Weight||45 lbs. (10.9 kg) (add 2.2 lbs. per high-torque stepper motor)|
|Motor||90 volt DC with electronic speed control that accepts any incoming current from 100VAC to 240 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
Click here for motor specifications
|Spindle Speed Range||70-2800 RPM continuously variable by electronic speed control|
Ball Leadscrew Specifications
|Rolled Ball Screw with BSH Nut|
|10mm Diameter, 2mm Lead|
|C7 Accuracy*, P1 Preload||*C7 accuracy has a linear tolerance of 50 micrometers / 300mm or .002″ / 12.0″.|
Stepper Motor Specifications
|Frame size||NEMA #23|
|Shaft||1/4″ diameter, dual shafts|
|Weight||1.0 Kg (2.2 lb.)|
|Holding Torque||1.35 N.m (Newton meters)
13.756 kg-cm (kilogram centimeter)
191.17 oz/in (ounce inch)
11.948 in/lb (inch pound)
|Axial-Force||Fa=15 N Max., or 3.37 lbf Max.|
|Radial-Force||Fr=75 N Max., or 16.86 lbf Max.|
|Rated Voltage||4.5 V DC|
|Rated Current||2.0 A|
|Step Angle Accuracy||1.8° (200 steps/rev)|
|Number of Phase||4|
Click on the link for the exploded view of the 6600 Chucker Lathe to help identify replacement parts.
If you are still uncertain please call our customer service representatives for help with this item.
We do not charge a flat rate for shipping because of the variations in weight for our products. Instead we charge you what the shipping company charges us. Our website uses a shipping calculator based on the daily rates for USPS and UPS based on the weight and destination of the shipment. You can also have us use your UPS/FedEx account number to charge your shipping to. Just enter it in the appropriate box on the checkout page.
Domestic orders are shipped Monday – Friday. Expedited orders must be placed by 9 am PST to ship the same day.
Orders shipping ground have a processing time of 7 working days for domestic orders and 14 working days for international orders. Click here for more information on our shipping and order policies.
Most merchandise can be returned within 30 day of the purchase date. A refund will be issued to the original form of payment at the original selling price. View our complete return policy and/or start your return online here.