Our CNC benchtop lathe is perfect for the customer looking for a mini CNC lathe to make small, precision parts. All our lathes are made in the USA, and our customer service is second to none. Although our machines are small, they can produce high-quality precision parts. Our CNC lathe will not only cut wood and plastic but is also rigid and accurate enough to cut aluminum and steel parts. This lathe is a desktop-size machine with full-size machine precision and accuracy.
The CNC Benchtop Lathe Package includes:
- 17″ benchtop lathe with two stepper motors fitted to stepper motor mounts on the leadscrew and crosslide axes (The tailstock spindle remains manually controlled)
- A computer with Ubuntu Linux-based OS with LinuxCNC 4-axis CNC software installed
- Keyboard and mouse
- 4-axis driver board and power supply installed inside the computer
- Computer cables to the X- and Z-axes are 69″ in length
- Instruction and utility CD. The CD includes complete instructions, and several free utilities to translate CAD files or TrueType fonts into G-code.
- A blank, 4GB USB flash drive
- 1-year warranty on all components for non-production use. 90-day warranty on CNC and computer-related components.
You supply only a monitor.
Sherline CNC Specification Links
- Sherline CNC Specification page. See all the specs side-by-side on Sherline’s complete line of CNC Mills and CNC Lathes.
- Sherline Stepper Motor Specifications
- 4-Axis Driver Box Kit page. This driver box is sold separately. It is, however, the same driver that comes standard with every Sherline CNC computer system. Check out the Specifications tab on the page for details.
NOTE: Depending upon availability, the actual computer supplied with the system may look different than shown above.
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- 2.75″ (70mm) x 6.0″ (152mm) crosslide
- 24″ (610 mm) steel bed that has 17″ (431 mm) between centers
- 2.5″ (63 mm) resettable, zero adjustable handwheel on the leadscrew, a 2″ (51 mm) resettable, zero adjustable handwheel on the crosslide feed screw, and a 2″ (51mm) resettable, zero adjustable handwheel on the tailstock. Each handwheel has laser-engraved aluminum handwheel collars
- Rocker tool post (P/N 3057) substituted for the standard tool post used on the short-bed lathes
- Pulleys, drive belt, faceplate, lathe dog, two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post, sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
The B Package Includes:
- 3.1″ 3-jaw self-centering chuck
- 3/8″ tailstock drill chuck w/ key, #0 Morse arbor, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- Steady rest
- Live Center
- Rear Mount Cutoff Tool and Holder
- 3-pc 1/4″ HSS Cutting Tool Set (LH, RH, Boring)
- 5/32″ Sherline hex T-driver
- 3-pc Center Drill Set
- Sherline Accessories Shop Guide
NOTE: The instructions that accompany Sherline CNC systems are written primarily for use with a mill, but due to a number of requests, we have made the system available for lathe users as well. The primary consideration when using the system with a lathe is to keep in mind that movement of a tool on the crosslide axis removes material from the RADIUS of the part, resulting in two times that amount being removed from the DIAMETER.