Mill CNC System Retrofit with computer
For those who already have a Sherline mill and want to upgrade to CNC we now offer the complete CNC mill system less the mill. Here’s what you get:
Sherline computer with Linux and EMC preloaded, keyboard, mouse, driver box with separately switchable power supply, connecting cables, and backup software.
- Processor Speed: 2 GHz or faster
- RAM: 2 GB
- Hard Drive: 250 GB
- Internal drive: DVD-RW
- External drive: 1 GB USB Flash drive
- Current: Internal switches are set to 110VAC but can be reset for operation with 230 VAC
- Installed software: Ubuntu 12.04* Linux-based OS with Linux CNC 2.6.11 4-axis CNC software.
*Note: Prior to January, 2005, Redhat version 2.xx was installed. From January, 2005 to September, 2009, Debian version 4.xx was installed. Starting in October, 2009 Ubuntu version was installed. Our 6.0 version of Ubuntu with “Lucid” build installed starting February, 2010. Debian wheezy 2017. Current software as of 2018 is Ubuntu 12.04 with Linux CNC 2.6.11.
The appropriate stepper motor retrofit kit for your 5000, 5400 or 2000 mill.
The mill upgrade kits include the following:
- 3 stepper motor mounts
- CNC Z-axis Screw
- CNC-RH Coupling Preload Nut
- CNC-LH Coupling Preload Nut
- CNC Template, Bed Bushing
- CNC Template, Slide Bushing
- All the nuts and screws for motor mount attachment
- Conversion and assembly instructions
Three 67127 stepper motors with plugs.
Stepper motor specifications:
- Frame size: NEMA #23
- Shaft: 1/4″ diameter, dual shafts
- Torque: 100+ oz. in.
- Voltage: 3.2 V.
- Current: 2 A
- Step Angle: 1.8° (200 steps/rev)
More detailed manufacturer specifications can be found on the stepper motor instruction page.