Introducing Our New NexGen Mill
Sherline Products is proud to introduce its latest Vertical Milling machine. With the increase of popularity of Sherline mills in industrial, laboratory and school training environments, the need to produce larger parts has led to the development of an extended capacity milling machine. Sherline’s NexGen Mills are available in Manual, CNC-Ready, and full CNC configurations.
Standard features for the model 5800 (5810 metric) mill includes:
- Extra-rigid Column Base—To take maximum advantage of the extended column travels on this extra capacity Sherline mill, the column base has been increased in cross-section for additional rigidity. The ability to swing the column arm from side to side has been eliminated in order to maximize the column’s ability to maintain its position during heavy cuts. The column still rotates left and right 90° and the in/out adjustment is still available, giving it seven directions of movement including X, Y, Z, and headstock rotation on the column itself.
- 15″ Extended Column Bed—The standard 11″ column with 5.38″ of Z-axis travel has been replaced with Sherline’s optional 15″ column that provides 9.38″ of vertical movement for use on larger parts or taller set-ups.
- 18″ Extended Mill Table—The standard 13″ mill table with 8.65″ of travel has been replaced with Sherline’s optional 18″ table that provides 13.65″ of X-axis travel.
- 18″ Mill Base—The standard 14″ mill base has been replaced with an 18″ base that provides an additional 4″ of Y-axis travel. This is made more usable with the inclusion of a P/N 1297 mill headstock spacer block that adds an additional 1.25″ of throat distance to take advantage of the additional travel.
- 7″ x 13″ tooling plate—The included tooling plate makes holding parts easy. It has three T-slots as well as a pattern of drilled and tapped 10-32 holes for use with clamps and hold-down sets. Once the plate is squared with the mill, steel alignment pins speed up the process of making sure your parts and fixtures are also square with the mill.
- Y-axis Leadscrew Protection—Clear plastic accordion way covers protect the front half of the Y-axis leadscrew from chips. The covers are extra long to accommodate the additional 4″ of Y-axis travel. In addition, a longer 12″ brass tube extending through the column base protects the rear half of the leadscrew from chips.
- Other standard features include oilers on the X-, Y- and Z-axes to keep the column leadscrew and base saddle leadscrews and ways lubricated during extended CNC operations. In addition, backlash is adjustable on X-, Y- and Z-axes. Adjustable tapered plastic gibs provide a way to accommodate wear on the aluminum and steel dovetailed slides on all three axes.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
(table to spindle)
|14.00″ (356 mm)|
(w/ headstock spacer)
|Travel, “X” Axis||13.65″ (347 mm)|
|Travel, “Y” Axis||11.00″ (279 mm)|
|Travel, “Z” Axis||9.38″ (238 mm)|
|Hole through spindle||.405″ (10 mm)|
|Spindle nose thread||3/4″-16 T.P.I.|
|Spindle nose taper||#1 Morse|
|Spindle runout of Morse taper||.0005″ or less|
|Handwheel graduations||.001″ (.01 mm)|
|Electronically controlled spindle speed range||70 to 2800 RPM|
|Width Overall*||20.00 (508 mm)|
|Depth Overall*||Base footprint: 20.625″ (524 mm); With fully extended brass leadscrew cover: 27.875″ (708 mm)|
|Height Overall (Max.)*||24.50″ (622 mm)|
|Table size||2.75″ x 18.00″ (70 x 457 mm)|
|Hold-down provision||3 T-Slots|
|Shipping Weight||50 lb. (22.7 kg)|
|Movements in addition
to X-, Y- and Z-axes
|Headstock rotation (90° left/right)|
|Column pivot||(90° forward/back)|
|Column swing||(90° left/right)|
|Column travel||(in/out) 5.5″ (140 mm)|
|Motor||90 volt DC with electronic speed control that accepts any incoming current from 100VAC to 240 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
Click here for motor specifications
|Spindle Speed Range||70-2800 RPM continuously variable by electronic speed control|
*Overall dimensions include motor and speed control
Click on the link for the exploded view of the 5800/5810 Mill to help identify replacement parts.
If you are still uncertain please call our customer service representatives for help with this item.
We do not charge a flat rate for shipping because of the variations in weight for our products. Instead we charge you what the shipping company charges us. Our website uses a shipping calculator based on the daily rates for USPS and UPS based on the weight and destination of the shipment. You can also have us use your UPS/FedEx account number to charge your shipping to. Just enter it in the appropriate box on the checkout page.
Domestic orders are shipped Monday – Friday. Expedited orders must be placed by 11 am PST to ship the same day.
Orders shipping ground have a processing time of 2-3 working days for domestic orders and 4-5 working days for international orders. Click here for more information on our shipping and order policies.
Most merchandise can be returned within 30 day of the purchase date. A refund will be issued to the original form of payment at the original selling price. View our complete return policy and/or start your return online here.