14″ Deluxe 8-direction Milling Machine
The deluxe 8-direction milling machine offers the most versatility of any Sherline mill. In addition to X-axis, Y-axis, and Z-axis travels, there are five additional directions that the headstock spindle can be positioned to do drilling or milling on your part from virtually any angle. The headstock can pivot up to 90° in either direction. The column bed can be rotated side-to-side up to 90° in either direction for angled drilling. A special knuckle allows the column to be pivoted front to rear. The “ram” design of the column base also allows the entire ram to be pivoted up to 90° side-to-side. Loosening the column cap allows the ram to be moved in and out with over 5.5″ of travel.
With this many directions of movement, the machining possibilities are virtually limitless withing the size capabilities of the machine. The 14″ long base also increases Y-axis travel by an additional 2″ compared to the Model 5400 mill. This is the mill for those who want to take their miniature machining abilities to the extremes.
Notes on ordering a metric mill
Most of our cutting tools, like center drills, are manufactured in a fractional size. If you have a metric machine with metric holders, like collets or end mill holders, you will need to order fractional holders to accommodate our cutting tools.
Standard equipment for the model 2000 (2010 metric) mill includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- 14″ base
- 2-1/2″ (63mm) adjustable “zero” handwheel on the Z-axis and 2″ (51mm) adjustable “zero” handwheels on the X- and Y-axes
- 2.75″ (70 mm) x 13.0″ (330 mm) table with two T-slots
- ¼” Drill Chuck w/ key, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- 2″ column riser block
- Laser-engraved scales on the base and table
- Pulleys, drive belt, three hexagonal keys, spindle bars, gib removal tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
- Oil reservoirs on the X/Y axes and the Z axis to help keep critical parts lubricated. These were initially developed for CNC machines that run constantly for hours on end but can benefit manual machines as well
- Brass leadscrew cover that keeps chips off the rear of the Y-axis leadscrew
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
(table to spindle)
|9.00″ (229 mm)|
(w/ headstock spacer)
|Travel, “X” Axis||8.65″ (220 mm)|
|Travel, “Y” Axis||7.00″ (178 mm)|
|Travel, “Z” Axis||5.38″ (137 mm)|
|Hole through spindle||.405″ (10 mm)|
|Spindle nose thread||3/4″-16 T.P.I.|
|Spindle nose taper||#1 Morse|
|Spindle runout of Morse taper||.0005″ or less|
|Handwheel graduations||.001″ (.01 mm)|
|Electronically controlled spindle speed range||70 to 2800 RPM|
|Width Overall*||15.00″ (381 mm)|
|Depth Overall*||Base footprint: 16.625″ (422 mm); With fully extended brass leadscrew cover: 20.625″ (524 mm)|
|Height Overall (Max.)*||23.38″ (568 mm)|
|Table size||2.75″ x 13.00″ (70 x 330 mm)|
|Hold-down provision||2 T-Slots|
|Shipping Weight||45 lb. (20.1 kg)|
|Movements in addition
to X-, Y- and Z-axes
|Headstock rotation (90° left/right)|
|Column rotation||(90° left/right)|
|Column pivot||(90° forward/back)|
|Column swing||(90° left/right)|
|Column travel||(in/out) 5.5″ (140 mm)|
|Motor||90 volt DC with electronic speed control that accepts any incoming current from 100VAC to 240 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
Click here for motor specifications
|Spindle Speed Range||70-2800 RPM continuously variable by electronic speed control|
*Overall dimensions include motor and speed control
Click on the link for the exploded view of the 2000/2010 Mill to help identify replacement parts.
If you are still uncertain please call our customer service representatives for help with this item.
We offer two types of 3D object files: .igs and .stp.
- To view .igs files you need an IGS viewer. CLICK HERE to download a FREE IGS viewer.
- To view .stp files you need a STP viewer. CLICK HERE to use Autodesk’s FREE A360* online file viewer. STP is a file extension for a 3-D graphic file used by CAD software. STP stands for STandard for the Exchange of Product model data. STP files are used to store 3D image data in an ASCII format, following the standards defined in ISO 10303-21: Clear Text Encoding of the Exchange Structure.
- Each 3D file format has been compressed into a .zip file to save file space. Click on the .zip file link below to download it to your computer.
- Extract the .zip file to the drive location of your choice.
- Open the .igs file using the IGS Viewer, or open the .stp file using the A360 Autodesk online viewer.
*NOTE: There are also other free STP viewers that can be downloaded directly to your computer.
We do not charge a flat rate for shipping because of the variations in weight for our products. Instead we charge you what the shipping company charges us. Our website uses a shipping calculator based on the daily rates for USPS and UPS based on the weight and destination of the shipment. You can also have us use your UPS/FedEx account number to charge your shipping to. Just enter it in the appropriate box on the checkout page.
Domestic orders are shipped Monday – Friday. Expedited orders must be placed by 9 am PST to ship the same day.
Orders shipping ground have a processing time of 7 working days for domestic orders and 14 working days for international orders. Click here for more information on our shipping and order policies.
Most merchandise can be returned within 30 day of the purchase date. A refund will be issued to the original form of payment at the original selling price. View our complete return policy and/or start your return online here.