Left to Right: Hardened steel master jaw, master jaw with Delrin® top jaw attached and Delrin® top jaw alone, Teflon®, nylon, brass, aluminum and unhardened steel top jaws.
Bottom Master Jaws are required in order to use Top Jaws
Certain delicate parts require gripping with softer jaw materials. Other operations require chuck jaws that do not transmit particles of rust to the part being held. To accommodate these special circumstances, Sherline now offers 2-piece chuck jaws with interchangeable top jaws made from special materials. In place of the standard hardened or optional unhardened (“soft”) steel 1-piece jaws, these new top jaws come in soft materials like Delrin, Teflon, and Nylon, plus harder but non-rusting materials like brass and aluminum. The replaceable top jaws are fastened to the hardened steel bottom jaws with two countersunk socket head screws. They are not stepped so they can be machined by the customer for custom holding applications. Other materials available by request. *Please note that you must purchase the bottom master jaws before you can use the top jaws.
To customers who are buying these jaws for an existing chuck, please measure the width of your current chuck jaws with a pair of mics so we can grind your master jaws to match. State your current jaw width in the comments box above. For first time buyers who are buying a new chuck with these Master jaws, your jaws will be ground to match your chuck. Prices shown are for the jaws only (new chuck is not included).
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
We offer two types of 3D object files: .igs and .stp.
- To view .igs files you need an IGS viewer. CLICK HERE to download a FREE IGS viewer.
- To view .stp files you need an STP viewer. CLICK HERE to use Autodesk’s FREE A360* online file viewer. STP is a file extension for a 3-D graphic file used by CAD software. STP stands for STandard for the Exchange of Product model data. STP files are used to store 3D image data in an ASCII format, following the standards defined in ISO 10303-21: Clear Text Encoding of the Exchange Structure.
- Each 3D file format has been compressed into a .zip file to save file space. Click on the .zip file link below to download it to your computer.
- Extract the .zip file to the drive location of your choice.
- Open the .igs file using the IGS Viewer, or open the .stp file using the A360 Autodesk online viewer.
*NOTE: There are also other free STP viewers that can be downloaded directly to your computer.
These files are available in STP format only at this time.
CLICK HERE to download the 11415 4-Jaw Scroll Master Jaw 3D STP file.
CLICK HERE to download the 11445 3-Jaw Scroll Master Jaw 3D STP file.
CLICK HERE to download the 11455 Interchangeable Top Jaw 3D STP file.
CLICK HERE to download the 11465 4-Jaw Independant Master Jaw 3D STP file.
|Available Materials||delrin, nylon, teflon, aluminum, brass and steel.|
We do not charge a flat rate for shipping because of the variations in weight for our products. Instead we charge you what the shipping company charges us. Our website uses a shipping calculator based on the daily rates for USPS and UPS based on the weight and destination of the shipment. You can also have us use your UPS/FedEx account number to charge your shipping to. Just enter it in the appropriate box on the checkout page.
Domestic orders are shipped Monday – Friday. Expedited orders must be placed by 11 am PST to ship the same day.
Orders shipping ground have a processing time of 2-3 working days for domestic orders and 4-5 working days for international orders. Click here for more information on our shipping and order policies.
Most merchandise can be returned within 30 day of the purchase date. A refund will be issued to the original form of payment at the original selling price. View our complete return policy and/or start your return online here.
Build Your Own Chuck