About the Pneumatic Bar Feeder Activation Cylinder Assembly
We separated the bar feeder (P/N 8840) into two sections (P/Ns 8815 & 8825) for our customers who are interested in building their own bar feeder system.
The Pneumatic Bar Feeder Activation Cylinder Assembly is the section of the bar feeder that is used in conjunction with our machine and our lever collet closer to open and close the collet pneumatically. Click on the Instructions tab above to download the instructions for this assembly.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
- Air supply must be 80 PSI, minimum.
- Air pressure for the air cylinder (P/N 88040) is 70 PSI, maximum. However, we recommend 40 PSI. This is controlled by the air supply.
- Air pressure for the bar feeder is 20-30 PSI. This is controlled by the bar feeder air regulator (P/N 88054). CAUTION: DO NOT EXCEED 30 PSI!
- Lubrication for the bar feeder tube and the lever collet closer. We recommend a light machine oil such as “3-in-1 Oil,” or sewing machine oil.
- Base dimensions: Our base (P/N 88323) is 6′ x 8″ x 3/4″. If you are mounting the bar feeder on a different work surface, the surface must be at least 6′ long.
Introducing the Sherline Pneumatic Bar Feeder
Running a Part Program with the Pneumatic Bar Feeder
|40670||10-32 x 1/2″ SHCS||2|
|45014||5-40 x 3/8″ Button Head socket cap screw||2|
|88041||Air cylinder foot brackets (R & F) w/4 SS SHCS||1|
|88042||Air directional control valve||1|
|88043||5/32″ Connector fitting||2|
|88044||1/4″ Connector fitting||1|
|88046||1/4-28 SS threaded rod||1|
|88047||1/4-28 Jam nut||2|
|88049||8-32 x 1-1/4″ SHCS||2|
|88050||Flow control valve||2|
|88052||5/32″ (4 mm) air line (6′ length)||2|
|88056||Air cylinder mounting plate||1|
|88058||Air cylinder cover||1|
|88060||1/4-20 Phillips head screw||3|
We do not charge a flat rate for shipping because of the variations in weight for our products. Instead, we charge you what the shipping company charges us. Our website uses a shipping calculator based on the daily rates for USPS and UPS based on the weight and destination of the shipment. You can also have us use your UPS/FedEx account number to charge your shipping. Just enter it in the appropriate box on the checkout page.
Domestic orders are shipped Monday – Friday. Expedited orders must be placed by 9 am PST to ship the same day.
Orders shipping ground have a processing time of 7 working days for domestic orders and 14 working days for international orders. CLICK HERE for more information on our shipping and order policies.
Most merchandise can be returned within 30 days of the purchase date. A refund will be issued to the original form of payment at the original selling price. View our complete return policy and/or start your return online here.