The 5400-series deluxe tabletop mill is our most popular milling machine. It comes equipped with all of Sherline’s standard features upgraded to include a laser-engraved 12″ (305mm) solid aluminum base for 2″ of additional Y-axis travel, laser-engraved scales on the table and base, 2-1/2″ (63mm) zero adjustable handwheel on the Z-axis and 2″ (51mm) zero adjustable handwheels on the X- and Y-axes, a mill headstock spacer to provide more throat distance and a 1/4″ drill chuck and drawbolt.
All Sherline milling machines feature precision machined dovetailed slides with adjustable gibs, permanently lubricated spindle bearings, adjustable preload anti-backlash feed screws, and a high-torque 90V DC motor with electronic speed control. Speed is continuously variable from 70 to 2800 RPM without gear or belt changes. A second pulley position is also available to provide extra torque at low RPM if needed.
Our tabletop mill is perfect for the customer looking for a mini milling machine to make small, precision parts. All our milling machines are made in the USA, and our customer service is second to none. Although our machines are small, they can produce high-quality precision parts. Our 10″ tabletop mill will not only cut wood and plastic but is also rigid and accurate enough to cut aluminum and steel parts. This mini mill is a desktop-size machine with full-size machine precision and accuracy.
Notes on ordering a metric mill
Most of our cutting tools, like center drills, are manufactured in a fractional size. If you have a metric machine with metric holders, like collets or end mill holders, you will need to order fractional holders to accommodate our cutting tools.
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- 12″ base
- 2″ (51mm) resettable, zero adjustable handwheels on the X- and Y-axes, and one 2-1/2″ (63mm) resettable, zero adjustable handwheel on the Z-axis. Each handwheel has laser-engraved aluminum handwheel collars
- 2.75″ (70 mm) x 13.0″ (330 mm) table with two T-slots
- Pulleys, drive belt, three hexagonal keys, spindle bars, gib removal tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
- Headstock spacer block
- ¼” Drill Chuck w/ key, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- Oil reservoirs on the X/Y axes and the Z axis help keep critical parts lubricated. These were initially developed for CNC machines that run constantly for hours on end but can benefit manual machines as well
- Brass leadscrew cover that keeps chips off the rear of the Y-axis leadscrew