18″ CNC-Ready XYZ Base w/ Ball Screws
2-3 week lead time
Purpose of the Sherline Mill XYZ Bases
The Sherline ball screw mills can be purchased without the headstock and motor/speed control. This allows owners of other Sherline machines to swap the headstock and motor/speed control from one machine to the ball screw mill in approximately 60 seconds. This package offers a savings compared to the price of our full ball screw mills.
The Axes of Movement of a Sherline 6858 Ball Screw Mill
The table left/right movement is referred to as the X-axis. The table in/out movement is the Y-axis. Headstock up/down movement is referred to as the Z axis. The headstock can also be rotated on its saddle on Sherline mills (#4), the column ram can be moved in and out (#5), and the Z-axis column can be tilted forward and back (#6).
Standard equipment for the 685801 XYZ base:
- 18″ Mill Base
- Electroless nickel/Teflon coated mill saddle
- 15″ Extended Column Bed with nickel/Teflon plating
- Extra-Rigid Column Base
- 18″ Extended Mill Table
- Stepper-motor mounts with high-torque couplings
- The handwheels are included and can be mounted to the end of the stepper motors to maintain manual control when needed.* 2-1/2″ (63mm) adjustable “zero” handwheel on the Z-axis and 2″ (51mm) adjustable “zero” handwheels on the X- and Y-axes. Each handwheel has laser engraved aluminum handwheel collars
*NOTE: CNC-ready machines cannot be operated manually until stepper motors are installed.
- Oil reservoirs on the X/Y axes and the Z-axis to help keep critical parts lubricated.
- Brass leadscrew cover that keeps chips off the rear of the Y-axis leadscrew
- Accordion way cover
- Travel: X=13.65″ (347 mm), Y= 11.0″ (279 mm), Z=9.25″ (235 mm)
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
|Travel, X-Axis||12.80″ (325.1mm)|
|Travel, Y-Axis||11.00″ (279 mm)|
|Travel, Z-Axis||9.25″ (235 mm)|
|Width Overall||20.375″ (518 mm)|
|Depth Overall||Base footprint: 21.125″ (537 mm); With fully extended brass leadscrew cover: 28.375″ (721 mm)|
|Height Overall (Max.)||26.5″ (673 mm)|
|Table size||2.75″ x 18.00″ (70 x 457 mm)|
|Hold-down provision||2 T-Slots (3 T-Slots with optional 7″ x 13″ tooling plate P/N 3562)|
|Movements in addition
to X-, Y- and Z-axes
|Headstock rotation (90° left/right), Column pivot (90° Fwd/Bk), Column travel (In/Out) 5.5″ (140 mm)|
|Shipping Weight||72 lb. (32.73 kg)|
We do not charge a flat rate for shipping because of the variations in weight for our products. Instead we charge you what the shipping company charges us. Our website uses a shipping calculator based on the daily rates for USPS and UPS based on the weight and destination of the shipment. You can also have us use your UPS/FedEx account number to charge your shipping to. Just enter it in the appropriate box on the checkout page.
Domestic orders are shipped Monday – Friday. Expedited orders must be placed by 9 am PST to ship the same day.
Orders shipping ground have a processing time of 7 working days for domestic orders and 14 working days for international orders. Click here for more information on our shipping and order policies.
Most merchandise can be returned within 30 day of the purchase date. A refund will be issued to the original form of payment at the original selling price. View our complete return policy and/or start your return online here.