Accu-Pro Turn Ball Screw Chucker Lathe with MASSO Touch Controller
4 week lead time
CAUTION: The Accu-Pro mill and Chucker lathe must be mounted to a work surface, or they will tip when the tables are fully extended.
(For more information on the accessory package see the options tab below)
- Optional Accessories
- Replacement Parts
- Shipping & Returns
About the Accu-Pro Turn Chucker Lathe System with Ball Screws
We designed our Accu-Pro chucker lathe for our industrial customers who want the convenience of using multiple tools in a single setup. The chucker lathe has an 18″ aluminum base, an 18″ crosslide that accommodates the 3/8″, or 5/8″ gang-tooling tool posts, optional tool posts (tools not included), 36V closed-loop stepper motors with #23 NEMA frames, motor mounts with high-torque couplings, and C5 bearings in the headstock for smoother spindle operation.
This machine is perfect for the customer looking for a benchtop or tabletop machine for making small, precision parts. Our machines are made in the USA, and our customer service is second to none. We have sold many of these machines to medical and high-tech companies and have received great feedback. Although our machines are small, they are capable of producing the same high-quality precision parts that are made on a full-size machine.
Ball Leadscrew Specifications
- Rolled Ball Screw with BSH Nut
- 10mm Diameter, 2mm Lead
- C7 Accuracy*, P1 Preload
*C7 accuracy has a linear tolerance of 50 micrometers / 300mm or .002″ / 12.0″.
The ball screws are only available in metric.
About the Sherline/MASSO CNC G3 Touch Controller
The MASSO Touch Controller with power supply and spindle drive card lets you input data to the controller via a state-of-the-art touch screen. With MASSO, you can write your CNC programs on your computer (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) and then transfer your program to the controller via a USB flash drive. You no longer have to use a dedicated operating system like Linux or Mach 4 to control your machine.
The Touch Controller includes:
- Industrial cable system from the controller to the machine
- 36-volt power supply
- Touch-controller stand
Do you want to know more about the Sherline/MASSO G3 CNC controller? Here are some resource links for your reference.
The MASSO Accu-Pro Turn Chucker Lathe System Package includes:
- 18″ Chucker Lathe with ball screws
- A Sherline/MASSO G3 Touch Controller
- G-code Spindle Speed Control with threading capability
- An optical encoder
- WiFi is standard with the MASSO G3 Touch Controller
- Two 36-volt, Closed-Loop, High-Torque Stepper motors with a 70 in/min maximum feed rate
- Professional cable wraps and covers for the X- and Z-axis
- MASSO homing sensors on all axes
- USB 4 GB flash drive (With software, machine settings, sample programs, and PDF instructions included.)
- 1-year warranty on all machine components for non-production use. 90-day warranty on CNC and electronic controller-related components
Standard equipment for the Accu-Pro Turn Chucker Lathe includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with an electronic speed controller
- 18″ aluminum base
- Electroless nickel/Teflon coated saddle
- 18.0″ (457 mm) x 2.75″ (70 mm) table with two T-slots
- Your choice of gang-tooling tool posts that hold up to four tools: 3/8″ (P/N 5930) or 5/8″ (P/N 5935)
- Headstock with nickel-plated 3C spindle with precision C5 bearings, and with .001″ or less TIR* (*A TIR of .0005″ or less can be requested for an additional charge.)
- An Industrial 3C Lever Collet Closer
- The largest diameter through the collet is ½” (13mm). NOTE: collets are not available through Sherline Products. We recommend buying them from Hardinge.
- Stepper-motor mounts with high-torque couplings
- Oil reservoirs on the X/Z saddle to help keep critical parts lubricated
- Accordion way cover and brass-tube leadscrew cover that keeps chips off of the Z-axis leadscrew
Optional Accessories for the Accu-Pro Turn Chucker Lathe:
Click the Optional Accessories tab above to see which accessories are available for the Accu-Pro Turn Chucker Lathe.
Chucker Lathe Accessories
- P/N 11850 3/8″ Chuck Arbor with 3/8″ Shank
- P/N 2081 WW Collet Adapter for 5/8″ Gang Tooling
- P/N 2085 (2086) WW Collet Tailstock Adapter
Multi-Tool Holder Tool Posts
- P/N 5931 3/8″ Rear Side Cutoff Multi-Tool Holder
- P/N 5932 3/8″ Front Side Multi-Tool Holder
- P/N 5936 5/8″ Rear Side Cutoff Multi-Tool Holder
- P/N 5937 5/8″ Front Side Multi-Tool Holder
Standard Tool Posts
- P/N 40180 Single Position 1/4″ Tool Post
- P/N 3003 1/4″ Two-Position Tool Post
- P/N 3008 Two-Position Tool Post (5/16″-3/8″)
- P/N 3057 Rocker Tool Post (1/4″)
- P/N 7600 3/8″ x 3/8″ Insert Holder Tool Post
- P/N 7601 3/8″ x 1/4″ Insert Holder Tool Post
- P/N 7602 3/8″ x 1/8″ Insert Holder Tool Post
- P/N 7603 Two-Position Rocker Tool Post
- P/N 7604 Rear-Mount 3/8″ Tool Holder
- P/N 2250 Quick-Change Tool Post w/Three Holders
- P/N 2282 Quick-Change 3/8″ Square Shank Tool Holder
- P/N 2295 Quick-Change Carbide Insert Tool Holder
- P/N 2266 Carbide Tip RH 55° 3/8″ Boring Bar w/2Flats
- P/N 2268 Carbide Tip RH 80° 3/8″ Boring Bar w/2Flats
- P/N 2273 Carbide Tip LH 55° 3/8″ Boring Bar w/2Flats
- P/N 2274 Carbide Tip LH 80° 3/8″ Boring Bar w/2Flats
*We added a second flat to our standard boring bars so they can be held with the insert face up or face down.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
Download PDF Accu-Pro Machine Maintenance Instructions
Download PDF Sherline/MASSO 36V Closed-Loop Stepper Motor Specifications
Ball Screw Machine Specifications
|Swing Over Base||4.950″ (125.7 mm)|
|Swing Over Table||1.875″ (47.6 mm)|
|Hole Through Spindle||.5″ (12.7 mm)|
|Spindle Nose 3C Taper||24 degrees|
|Spindle Runout of 3C Taper||.001″ or less (.0005” or less upon request for an additional charge)|
|Travel of X-axis||18″ table: 12.8″ (325.1 mm)|
|Travel of Z-axis||18″ base: 9.8″ (248.9 mm) (from end of base to front of spindle nose); 10.5″ (266.7 mm) total travel|
|Handwheel Graduations||.02 mm|
|Dimensions||(Measurement given are for CNC-ready machines only)|
|Length Overall||22.625″ (574.7 mm) (add 4.625″ for a Sherline high-torque stepper motor)|
|Width Overall||15.375″ (340 mm) (add 4.625″ for a Sherline high-torque stepper motor)|
|Height Overall||8.875″ (225.4 mm)|
|Shipping Weight||45 lbs. (10.9 kg) (add 2.2 lbs. per high-torque stepper motor)|
|Motor||90 volt DC with electronic speed control that accepts any incoming current from 100VAC to 240 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
Click here for motor specifications
|Spindle Speed Range||70-2800 RPM continuously variable by electronic speed control|
Ball Leadscrew Specifications
|Rolled Ball Screw with BSH Nut|
|10mm Diameter, 2mm Lead|
|C7 Accuracy*, P1 Preload||*C7 accuracy has a linear tolerance of 50 micrometers / 300mm or .002″ / 12.0″.|
Stepper Motor Specifications
|Sherline/MASSO 36V, Closed-Loop Stepper Motor Specifications and Troubleshooting PDF|
|Frame Size||NEMA #23|
|Input Voltage||36V DC|
|Output Current||4.5A 20 KHz PWM|
|Maximum Torque||2 N.m (Newton meters), 20.39 kg/cm (kilogram centimeter), 283 oz/in (ounce inch), 17.70 in/lb (inch pound)|
Accu-Pro Turn Lathe and Chucker Lathe Videos
Click on the link for the exploded view of the 696610M Accu-Pro Turn Ball Screw Chucker Lathe to help identify replacement parts.
If you are still uncertain please call our customer service representatives for help with this item.
We do not charge a flat rate for shipping because of the variations in weight for our products. Instead, we charge you what the shipping company charges us. Our website uses a shipping calculator based on the daily rates for USPS and UPS based on the weight and destination of the shipment. You can also have us use your UPS/FedEx account number to charge your shipping. Just enter it in the appropriate box on the checkout page.
Domestic orders are shipped Monday – Friday. Expedited orders must be placed by 9 am PST to ship the same day.
Orders shipping ground have a processing time of 7 working days for domestic orders and 14 working days for international orders. CLICK HERE for more information on our shipping and order policies.
Most merchandise can be returned within 30 days of the purchase date. A refund will be issued to the original form of payment at the original selling price. View our complete return policy and/or start your return online here.