We designed our CNC chucker lathe for our industrial customers who want the convenience of using multiple tools in a single set-up. The lathe has a 13″ crosslide that accommodates the 3/8″ gang-tooling tool post and two, optional tool posts that can be used for boring and parting tools (tools not included).
NOTE: Machines equipped with ball screws will not include laser engraved scales on the mill table or the mill base.
Standard Features Include
- Ball Leadscrew*: Rolled Ball Screw with BSH Nut .10mm Diameter, 2mm Lead.C7 Accuracy, P1 Preload. The linear accuracy is 50 micrometers/300mm
- 3/8″ Gang-tooling tool post, which holds up to four tools
- 14″ Base
- 13″ Mill table
- Mill Saddle: Has electroless nickel coating with Teflon. This offers a hard surface that is rust proof. The Teflon provides a friction coefficient of .1-.2u for smoother movement of the saddle and the table.
- 3C Collet headstock: TIR (total indicator runout) is rated at 0.001″ (.0005” or less upon request for an additional charge) on the 3C headstock. Also, the 3C spindle is electroless nickel plated to aid in rust prevention and to increase the surface hardness of the spindle for durability.
- Powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- Two, 2-amp high-torque stepper motors*
- Accordion way cover and brass-tube leadscrew cover
- Maximum feed rate is 32 in/min.
- Largest diameter through the collet is ½” (13mm). NOTE: collets are not available through Sherline Products. We recommend buying them from Hardinge.
*NOTE: See the Specifications tab located above for the Ball Leadscrew and High-Torque Stepper Motor specs.
The Computer Includes the Following
- Built-in Driver box (Converts g-code to steps to run DC stepper motors)
- Output cables for X, Y, Z, and A pre-wired with DIN plugs for stepper motors
- Keyboard and mouse (you supply the monitor)
- 4 GB flash drive for transferring g-code files
- Linux (Ubuntu) OS and LinuxCNC G-code control program pre-installed on the hard drive
- DVD Drive
- 1-year warranty on all components for non-production use. 90-day warranty on CNC and computer-related components.
Chucker Lathe Photo Gallery
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
Ball Screw Machine Specifications
|Swing Over Base||4.950″ (125.7 mm)|
|Swing Over Table||1.875″ (47.6 mm)|
|Hole Through Spindle||.5″ (12.7 mm)|
|Spindle Nose 3C Taper||24 degrees|
|Spindle Runout of 3C Taper||.001″ or less (.0005” or less upon request for an additional charge)|
|Travel of X-axis||8.2″ (208 mm)|
|Travel of Z-axis||5.8″ (147 mm) (from end of base to front of spindle nose); 6.5″ (165mm) total travel.|
|Handwheel Graduations||.02 mm|
|Dimensions||(Measurement given are for CNC-ready machines only)|
|Length Overall||22.625″ (574.7 mm) (add 4.625″ for a Sherline high-torque stepper motor)|
|Width Overall||15.375″ (340 mm) (add 4.625″ for a Sherline high-torque stepper motor)|
|Height Overall||8.875″ (225.4 mm)|
|Shipping Weight||65 lbs. (30 kg)|
|Motor||90 volt DC with electronic speed control that accepts any incoming current from 100VAC to 240 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
Click here for motor specifications
|Spindle Speed Range||70-2800 RPM continuously variable by electronic speed control|
Ball Leadscrew Specifications
|Rolled Ball Screw with BSH Nut|
|10mm Diameter, 2mm Lead|
|C7 Accuracy*, P1 Preload||*C7 accuracy has a linear tolerance of 50 micrometers / 300mm or .002″ / 12.0″.|
Stepper Motor Specifications
|Frame size||NEMA #23|
|Shaft||1/4″ diameter, dual shafts|
|Weight||1.0 Kg (2.2 lb.)|
|Holding Torque||1.35 N.m (Newton meters)
13.756 kg-cm (kilogram centimeter)
191.17 oz/in (ounce inch)
11.948 in/lb (inch pound)
|Axial-Force||Fa=15 N Max., or 3.37 lbf Max.|
|Radial-Force||Fr=75 N Max., or 16.86 lbf Max.|
|Rated Voltage||4.5 V DC|
|Rated Current||2.0 A|
|Step Angle Accuracy||1.8° (200 steps/rev)|
|Number of Phase||4|