About the Sherline 13″ Industrial linear machine slide with programmable CNC controller
Sherline offers a line of industrial slides and spindles that make it easy to build up and control manual or CNC movements for production or home shop use. Show here as an example is the 8″ single axis slide with a stepper motor mount. Included are the stepper motor and a controller with a built-in driver to program and run it. The controller allows you to program in table movement controlling speed, direction, and distance right from the keypad. No knowledge of G-code is required. Included is the power supply and connecting cable as well as an extra half cable for “Daisy-chaining” one or more linear or rotary controllers together for sequential moves. To learn more about how the controller works, see the links to the instructions below. (The controller and motor by itself are also available.)
The 13″ slide has 9″ of table travel. This slide is also available in an 8″ length with 4″ of travel. The table and T-slots feature the standard Sherline layout of 1.5″ on centers and can be used with Sherline T-nut accessories. The slide is mounted to your base by means of four 1/2-20 holes in the bottom of the base. A screw activated slide lock is also provided.
- 13″ single axis slide
- Linear Controller w/Keypad
- Power Supply
- #23 Frame Size Stepper Motor
- Complete instructions
NOTE: If you wish to apply CNC linear control to an axis of a Sherline machine that does not have a stepper motor mount, see this kit.
NOTE: The power supply included with this indexer (linear controller) is intended to operate only on 115/120 VAC, 60 Hz (38 W) current. For countries operating on 100, 220 or 240VAC and/or 50Hz a transformer will be required. As an alternative, this power supply outputs 24VDC, 1 Amp (1000 mA). If you can purchase an appropriate power supply that operates on local current and outputs 24VDC, 1A current, it could be used to power the unit instead of the one supplied. Sherline Products does not provide a 220V power supply or transformer.
Other Industrial Products
Sherline lists the parts sold through the Industrial Products Division on another website at www.sherlineIPD.com that goes into much more detail. Also offered are two-axis and 6-direction slides in manual or CNC-ready versions plus cartridge spindles and headstocks with or without a DC motor and speed control. A kit to drive your spindle using a stepper motor is also available.
The improper use of machine tools and their accessories can result in serious injury. Before using this tool, thoroughly read the instructions and make sure you understand its proper and safe use.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
|Power Supply||Input: 115 VAC 50/60 Hz, Output: 24V, 1 Watt|
|Stepper Motor||100 oz-in, 2 Amp, #23 Frame size, 400 steps per revolution|
|Speed||1″/min. to 25 in/min (programmable)|
|Distance||from 0.0005″ to 9.9995″ in steps of 0.0005″|
|67127||Stepper motor assembly|
|87041||120 VAC power supply (24 VDC, 1 amp output)|
|87250||Stepper motor-to-control box 6’ extension cable|
|87350||Single 5-pin mini-DIN limit switch cable or ½ of daisy-chain cable|
|88010||Linear controller/keypad unit complete|
We offer two types of 3D object files: .igs and .stp.
- To view .igs files you need an IGS viewer. CLICK HERE to download a FREE IGS viewer.
- To view .stp files you need an STP viewer. CLICK HERE to use Autodesk’s FREE A360* online file viewer. STP is a file extension for a 3-D graphic file used by CAD software. STP stands for STandard for the Exchange of Product model data. STP files are used to store 3D image data in an ASCII format, following the standards defined in ISO 10303-21: Clear Text Encoding of the Exchange Structure.
- Each 3D file format has been compressed into a single .rar file to save file space. Click on the .rar file link below to download it to your computer.
- Extract the .rar file to the drive location of your choice.
- If your system cannot decompress RAR files, CLICK HERE to download WinRAR software.
- Open the .igs file using the IGS Viewer, or open the .stp file using the A360 Autodesk online viewer.
*NOTE: There are also other free STP viewers that can be downloaded directly to your computer.
13″ Single Axis slide with stepper motor
CLICK HERE to download the 3D RAR file.